Complaint Review: Assurance Wireless

Assurance Wireless

Assurance Wireless Will not refund money! Internet

*General Comment: Sorry

*Consumer Comment: Wrong

*Consumer Comment: Why was this filed under "Civil Rights Violators"?

*General Comment: Correction for Stacy

*General Comment: Correction for Stacy

*Consumer Comment: Good report Robert

*Consumer Comment: Know it all

*Consumer Comment: Entitlement run amuck

*Author of original report: Staceys Remark

*Consumer Comment: Are you kidding?

*Consumer Comment: Seriously

*Consumer Comment: Here is the Refund information from their Terms of Service....

I lost my phone, cancelled my service online to find out they did not have a replacement phone to send  me. So I called their toll free number 1-888-321-5880 to request any unused money to be returned to me. I was told that they don't return any money.  This is STEALING, no matter how you classify it. At the same time they did not have a replacement phone to send me as well. Again this is stealing from consumers who have limited income.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2012 02:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Assurance-Wireless/internet/Assurance-Wireless-Will-not-refund-money-Internet-850755. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Assurance Wireless

#1 General Comment

Sorry

Thank You STACEY for the edJucation.  Didn't need it but thanks

Wrong

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

Workers' Compensation Insurance is paid entirely by the employer. No payroll deductions are taken out of individual employees' paychecks. Social Security is for retirement period.  Now if an individual becomes disables then they can apply for SSDI (SSI) for disability.  This is totally different than Workers Comp Susan - btw my name is STACEY.

Why was this filed under "Civil Rights Violators"?

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

What did they do, beat you over the head with a phone like they were Joe Pesci and you were Rodney King? (I know, mixed metaphors...)

#4 General Comment

Correction for Stacy

AUTHOR: Susan - (USA)

The social security portion of deductions out of your check is for disabilty insurance.

#5 General Comment

Correction for Stacy

Good report Robert

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

What should I do if I lose my Assurance Wireless phone? Don't panic. Take another look around and try to find your phone. If you still can't locate your phone, let us know right away and we'll suspend service. That way, once your service is suspended, no one can use your remaining balance. We can help you get a replacement phone. We usually can have it to you in just a few days, and we'll transfer any remaining balance in your account to your replacement phone.

Since you are on W/C (which you stated) what is the nature of your "disability" that prevents you from working?  Do you know who payes for W/C? Your previous employer not you so get over how you pay taxes - you are getting monies that your employer paid into the system not you.

Know it all

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

The know it all strike again, can't you just let people post without you stupid comments??:(~

Entitlement run amuck

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

You are being treated just like any other "Pre-Paid" phone customer.  I have yet to see a Pre-Paid plan that returns any unused money..once you put the money on the account that is where it stays until it is used.  I have also yet seen any plans that will give you a new phone if you loose your phone.

I paid cash for my minutes with a credit card not a "damn minute card

- You paid "cash" with a "credit card"?  Exactly how does that work?  '

Well if you did in fact pay with a credit card and think that you were "wronged" by Assurance, why not file a dispute with your Credit Card company?  Let us know what they say after they finish laughing at you.

Can you please tell me when it became an "entitlement" to provide Cell Phones to people on limited incomes?

Staceys Remark

AUTHOR: Eve Villa - (United States of America)

Stacy, ask before you assume.. fyi, I am not on any form of Public Assistance! I am on Workers Compensation due to on the job injury. Assurance is not only for people on welfare. Its for people with limited income as well. FYI. I worked many years on the middle corporate level as well, I too contributed to society of my "hard earned money". I paid cash for my minutes with a credit card not a "damn minute card". So my money was indeed stolen from me! My Money that I, not you worked for!

Are you kidding?

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

This service is for people on WELFARE and paid for by my hard earned money!!! I pay property taxes, school taxes and other taxes pertaining to owning a home.  I PAY for my cell phone service.  The only one stealing is YOU the op! Stealing my hard earned money - you can afford internet service then buy your own damn phone and get a job!

From their website-

You may qualify for Assurance Wireless, a Lifeline Assistance Program, if you participate in programs such as food stamps or Medicaid.

Seriously

AUTHOR: Susan - (USA)

Really, this is a free to you cell phone with 250 minutes.  What did you pay? $5.00 for 500 minutes or $20.00 for 1000 minutes and 1000 text messages.

I want that plan and if I was you would buy a phone from them to replace the one you lost, that taxpayers bought for you.  You qualified for that, are you online now on the Connect America Fund?

Here is the Refund information from their Terms of Service....

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

The link is at the bottom the their home page...

Refunds and Returns

No Refunds of Top-Up Cards and Monthly Charges

Assurance Wireless is not responsible for, nor do we refund, lost, stolen, misused, or damaged Top-Up cards. Top-Up cards must be applied to your account within 5 years of purchase. Neither Assurance Wireless nor Virgin Mobile accepts returns of or provide refunds for Top-Up cards. Please ask your retailer any questions regarding its return policy. All Top-Up sales are final and non-refundable regardless of who uses or possesses your mobile phone after you buy airtime, and regardless of whether the mobile phone is used with your consent or knowledge.

Monthly charges are non-refundable

"This is STEALING, no matter how you classify it."
Perhaps you should report this "stealing" to your local law enforcement...let us know how they respond....when they stop laughing, of course.

" Again this is stealing from consumers who have limited income."

Glad to know they ONLY steal from consumers with limited income....I'm relatively safe....whew.