Complaint Review: Assurance Wireless

• Reported By: Ruby — Buffalo New York United States of America
Assurance Wireless

Assurance Wireless holding government issued customers hostage Internet

*General Comment: ASSURANCE WIRELESS NOT A RIP OFF

When the government issued phones were initiated, many people had two different phones. Eventually, we were asked to choose one or the other phone providers. I chose Assurance Wireless because they had better phones. Now all of a sudden, my minutes are not issued until 11:59 p.m. on the issuance date. This is outrageous. I am in the process of looking for employment and my phone is also a life line for my family to contact me. When I cannot use my phones during the day, there may be a family emergency or a job that I have missed out of because I do not have the minutes I am supposed to get until it's too late.

This practice of waiting until 11:59 p.m. totally new and although the representatives I spoke to said this was the way they have been sending out the minutes all along is a LIE.

They need to be held accountable for this and change their policies. Assurance Wireless outsources their customer service department to I believe, the Philippians Islands.

I would like to have some kind of recourse to assure I receive my minutes in a timely manner.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2012 09:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Assurance-Wireless/internet/Assurance-Wireless-holding-government-issued-customers-hostage-Internet-908394. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Assurance Wireless

#1 General Comment

ASSURANCE WIRELESS NOT A RIP OFF

AUTHOR: STEVE G - (United States of America)

Assurance Wireless Lifeline Service is a gov't sponsored program. It is NOT an entitlement, but a form of welfare. If you do not qualify it's because you don't meet the criteria, which are simple and clearly stated.

Ever heard the phrase "don't look a gift horse in the mouth"? It's a free phone, and free service. If you don't like the fact that they wait till the end of your month to renew your free minutes (which is also clearly stated) let me ask you: Why do YOU wait till the last minute? You can add more minutes or wait till the monthly deadline. That's the choice YOU have to make. It's called living up to the contract YOU agreed to. There are extra minute options from 10-cents a min, up to unlimited for $30. You can move it up any time you want, but only once a month. And your credits (unused minutes - free or paid for) do NOT carry over to the next month.

This service is literally a "lifeline" for me. I am a senior citizen, trying to live on $730 a month Social Security, disabled, living alone in a rural area, with no transportation. The phone, the service, and Customer Support, are everything they agreed to provide. No problems, no complaints, and no lack of gratitude from me. If you're unhappy, get a job and get a life.