Complaint Review: Assurant Health

• Updated: Tue, February 19, 2013

• Reported By: Lizzie T — Louisville Kentucky United States of America
Assurant Health
9931 Corporate Campus Dr Louisville, Kentucky United States of America

Assurant Health Inappropriate, Lied, Showed Up at My Work, Claimed I Set Up Meeting. Louisville, Kentucky

I was at work in a meeting and a man showed up asking for me.  He told my co-worker he was from assurant health and had a scheduled meeting with me.  I left my meeting and came out into the hallway to find a man dressed like a shmo...dirty jeans, a dirty untucked shirt, and an oversized gross hoodie.

He told me he was there because I had requested a meeting with him to discuss health insurance plans.  I asked him how he got this information and he showed me a piece of paper with my company's name and address along with my name...which was COMPLETELY misspelled.  I have never filled out information about health insurance online because I know you get hounded with calls from agents wanting your business.

I don't even need new health insurance at all.  He looked so shocked when I told him all of this and didn't say anything.  Since when is it okay for a stranger to show up at your work and lie about having a meeting with you? Let alone someone you have NEVER met or spoken to in your life.  This health insurance company from what I can tell from reading reviews, and from personally dealing with their so-called agents, is a scam and a fraud.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2013 09:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Assurant-Health/Louisville-Kentucky-40223/Assurant-Health-Inappropriate-Lied-Showed-Up-at-My-Work-Claimed-I-Set-Up-Meeting-Loui-1016648. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Assurant Health