Complaint Review: Assurant Health

• Submitted: Wed, May 06, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, August 30, 2011

• Reported By:richland hills Texas
Assurant Health
501 West Michigan Milwaukee, Wisconsin U.S.A.

Assurant Health they signed me up for insurance without permission Milwaukee Wisconsin

*Consumer Comment: Took my money too !

*UPDATE Employee: Cancel the Policy...

I started looking for insurance because my job does not offer it. I got on their site online and requested information about it. I talked to a guy by the name of douglas stevens. I should have known 2 first names its gotta be a rip. I get then insurance information in the mail then a week later i get this notice in the mail sayin i owe them 278.66. I never gave them a bank accnt number and i never said sign me up i only asked for information thats it. so iguess now they are going to try and sue me or send that to collections but im not paying it cause i never asked for insurance i only asked for information.

Koconcept
richland hills, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2009 05:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Assurant-Health/Milwaukee-Wisconsin/Assurant-Health-they-signed-me-up-for-insurance-without-permission-Milwaukee-Wisconsin-449381. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Assurant Health

Took my money too !

AUTHOR: Bob - (USA)

I started shopping for health insurance and spoke to 3 different companies including this one.  The salesperson, Mark Reiss, pushed for me to "at least" run my application just to be sure if I could get insurance.  He said it would only be $25.00.

I agreed to that and then he started to read me some required disclaimers and part of it said I was giving permission to have my monthly premiums deducted from my check card.  I stopped him at that point and said no, you only have my permission to withdrawl $25.00 for the review of my medical information to see if I can get health insurance.  He even sent me an email to say he would follow up with me next week when I got back from vaction to discuss the different plans we discussed.

I get back from vacation today and nearly $300.00 has been withdrawnd and my insurance cards and paperwork are in my mailbox!  I'm calling to cancel since this is NOT going good from the start.

Cancel the Policy...

AUTHOR: MAE - (United States of America)

It sounds like there was some communication errors between you and the agent. Submitting an application for a policy approval requires some medical history information, I assume the agent began this process with you because he thought your intent was to submit an application. However, after approval (upon receipt of the policy and bill) you are given 30 days to call and cancel in order to receive a full refund if any money was submitted. If you called to cancel that policy or simply didnt pay your first bill-- its as if it never existed and the company would not be pursuing any collection actions.