Complaint Review: Assurant Health

• Updated: Thu, February 13, 2014

• Reported By: Leo — Reno Nevada
Assurant Health
Reno, Nevada USA

Assurant Health Will not process medical claims, useless customer service Reno Nevada

*Consumer Comment: Be honest

*Author of original report: Assurant health

*Consumer Comment: If you don't have a copy of the group policy, you should ask Assurant for it, look it up on the internet or ask your employer for information..

My family's health insurance was purchased through my employer, therefore I really didn't have much of a choice.  My wife's anual physical was not covered, Assurant's customer service couldn't tell me why.  The children's doctors' visits also wasn't covered.  Finally, my wife's emergency room visit was also not covered.  Assurant's customer service would not return my calls.  Here we are 2 years later, I'm still paying the medical bills that is supposed to be Assurant's responsibility to pay.  By the way, my coworker had a drill fell on her foot, with the drill bit went pass through to the other side, was also not covered.  Assurant health should not be allowed to run their scam business in this country.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2014 10:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Assurant-Health/Reno-Nevada-89592/Assurant-Health-Will-not-process-medical-claims-useless-customer-service-Reno-Nevada-1123329. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Assurant Health

Be honest

AUTHOR: Independent Broker - ()

I am a policy holder with Assurant Health and I can guarantee you that they offer NO plans which don't pay all or a portion of regular Dr visits.

Any issues or questions I've ever had with Assurant have been handled profesionally and promptly.

How do you define a "scam business" as you you called it. The insurance industry is one of the most heavily regulated businesses in this country and Assurant could NOT operate in your state if they were running a "scam".

You are either lying or too stupid to have health insurance. The next time you have a thought....let it go.

Assurant health

AUTHOR: Leo - ()

The policy was not just for catastrophic illnesses.  It was looked at thoroughly before our human resource department went forward with Assurant, apparently wasn't thorough enough.  The premium wasn't cheap I should add. My portion was $300 a month while my employer cover a much bigger chunk for a $500 deductable policy.  I couldve been better off without any health insurance and save the $300 plus the employer's portion that could've sum up to close to $900 to $1000 per month.  Money that could've put to good use, instead it was literally flushed down the toilet.

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

It sounds like it's a policy that only covers catastrophic illnesses.  You owe it to yourself to KNOW what is and what isn't covered.  Perhaps you can purchase better coverage through your employer.  Good luck to you.  I doubt Assurant is ripping you off.  If they are and you can prove it, you can report it to your states insurance commissioner.

anticipation