Complaint Review: Assurant Solutions - Circuit City Extended Warranty

• Submitted: Sat, March 14, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, March 14, 2009

• Reported By:Dudley Massachusetts
Assurant Solutions - Circuit City Extended Warranty
260 Interstate North Circle, SE Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Assurant Solutions - Circuit City Extended Warranty Claims broken computer's issues are cosmetic defects and will not honor extended warranty until cosmetic repairs are done by A+ facility, then they will repair hard drive!! Atlanta Georgia

We purchased a computer and the extended warranty from Circuity City (2-08). The computer started to overheat and crash (the computer was for a college student who needed it despite the crashing until a break in his schedule) , the internet switch broke (in the off position) and pen holder would not release pen thus needing service.

We contacted the store (prior to bankruptcy) and was told to hold off and use the extended warranty versus using the manufacturer warranty (the computer had one week left on manufacturer warranty). We sent the computer away to the Assurant Solutions repair facility.

We received the computer back stating that the issues would not be fixed as the pen holder and internet switch were "cosmetic damage" and they would not repair the hard drive until the other problems were repaired first. Since when is a broken switch and the internal pen holder a cosmetic defect?

When we purchased the warranty we were told that it included all damages including spilling soda onto the computer!! (Not that we would do that but now I wonder if that is cosmetic too!)

We were then told by Assurant Solutions that I needed to have the computer repaired first (isn't that what I paid for with my warranty, to have it repaired by them) and then send them the repair slip from a A+ repair shop. After receiving the repair slip then they would "consider" repairing the hard drive provided the repair met to their standards!

After making several phone calls and logging many miles to computer repair facilities, I now have a doorstop that is unusable and spent extra money for a warranty that they will not honor!

I have requested my purchase price of the extended warranty returned as they have failed to honor the service! As of this posting I have not heard from them!

Unhappyvictim
Dudley, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2009 09:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Assurant-Solutions-Circuit-City-Extended-Warranty/Atlanta-Georgia-30339/Assurant-Solutions-Circuit-City-Extended-Warranty-Claims-broken-computers-issues-are-co-434324. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Assurant Solutions - Circuit City Extended Warranty