Complaint Review: Assurant Solutions

• Updated: Wed, April 24, 2013

• Reported By: Phillip — Kalamazoo Michigan
Assurant Solutions
260 Interstate N. Circle N.E. Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

Assurant Solutions Federal Warranty Service Corporation; AGI; Whirlpool Extended Service Plans Appliance warranty NOT honored. Company error NOT recognized. Atlanta, Georgia

On 3/8/12 I purchased an extended warranty for a brand new Maytag front-load washer and Maytag Dryer from Federal Warranty Service Corporation (FWSC) - a subsidiary of Assurant Solutions. The contract was emailed to me and I filed the contract in case I would need it.

The washer broke down on 4/15/13 and I placed a repair request with FWSC. When the repair technician came out for the diagnostic call, he noted that Model and Serial numbers on the contract were not the same as they were on the equipment. I called FWSC to let them know that the numbers were wrong and that they needed to get the records corrected so that I could exercise my claim.

FWSC told me that I gave them the wrong numbers when I signed up for the contract. This claim is ludicrous as the model and serial numbers listed were for top-load, Whirlpool, small-capacity items, which I did not own, never did own, and most assuredly did not have model and serial numbers for. It was obvious that they registered the products incorrectly in their database and simply needed to make the changes. They were willing to change the contract on the dryer, if I agreed to pay them an additional $135, but refused to change the contract on the washer nor would they honor my claim.

When I contacted Whirlpool directly about the problem, Whirlpool would only say that Assurant is a separate company and that they had no control over Assurant's decisions. More importantly, when I was talking with the Whirlpool service agent, he told me how Assurant could have made the data entry error as he sells extended service warranties for Assurant using their system.

The repair fee for the 14-month old washer will exceed the cost to replace it - so I am out the washer. FSWC made a data error that it will not admit to, and will not honor the contract (even though they still have my money), and I will have to buy a new washer at my expense - despite having purchased a 60-month extended warranty.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2013 03:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Assurant-Solutions/Atlanta-Georgia-30339/Assurant-Solutions-Federal-Warranty-Service-Corporation-AGI-Whirlpool-Extended-Service-P-1045920. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Assurant Solutions