Complaint Review: Assurant Solutions

• Updated: Mon, April 22, 2013

• Reported By: Baah Ben — Ormond Beach Florida
Assurant Solutions
PO Box 105689 Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

Assurant Solutions Federal Warranty Service Corporation Appliance Warranty Not Honored Atlanta, Georgia

*UPDATE Employee: I'd like to hear more about this.

Purchased an appliance warranty in 2003 from General Electric.  General Electric sold it to American Zurich, who then sold it again to Assurant Solutions.  Zurich never told us about this.  We have paid $17 a month for continuing coverage for more than 9 years now.  The equipment under warranty is now 12 years old and so we thought this was a good deal.  No monthly increase and continuing coverage.  Wrong!

We called for warranty on sink disposal unit.  We were told they could not find anyone in the area to repair a common sink disposal?  We live in a big city and offered to give them the names of 5 companies within 10 miles.  They refused to take the names.  Instead they told us they would offer us $26 through a depreciation clause they could use.  We told them the reason we had the policy was to have the equipment repaired and not depreciated.  They said too bad.

I am now filing a complaint with the State of Florida about their business practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2013 05:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Assurant-Solutions/Atlanta-Georgia-30348/Assurant-Solutions-Federal-Warranty-Service-Corporation-Appliance-Warranty-Not-Honored-A-1044986. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Assurant Solutions

I'd like to hear more about this.

AUTHOR: Maria Buford - ()

I read your report and would like to hear more about the experience you had with my company. It sounds like you were disappointed with your service experience and I'd like to change that if I can. If you send your name and contact information - and a claim number or incident number if you have it - I'll look into this and see if I can improve the situation. My email is maria.buford@assurant.com.