Complaint Review: Assurant Solutions

• Updated: Tue, May 31, 2011

• Reported By: Chilicharlie — Omaha Nebraska United States of America
Assurant Solutions
P.O. Box 7528 Madison Heights, Michigan United States of America

Assurant Solutions Bashay Richardson Extended Warranty Ripoff Madison Heights, Michigan

I purchased an $1800.00 GE range from Home Depot in 2005 and elected to buy the 5 year extended warranty. We put the warranty to use maybe 3 years ago because the main burner had a defective part and there was only high temp. This burner has 3 sizes and only the small one worked. I called and a fe days later a repairman  came out and replaced the burner. This solved one problem but the temp control was still not working.
We called the warranty company again and this time a GE Factory technician came out. He replaced the burner and the switch and left. The temp control still did not work properly.
After 8 more calls and 5 more visits from the GE man and more switch replacements the Tech said he was going to research the problem and return. He never did return.
I called the warranty company and told them under the lemon law that I wanted the range replaced. They transferred me to a Bashay Richardson who apologized and told me he would get back to me in a few days. After a week I called her and left a voice mail asking her to return my call. She didn't. I called 3 more times and left messages and she still did not return my calls.
Now the stove is out of warranty but a company rep said as long as there is a problem that is not resolved the warranty remains in effect.
I contacted the Nebraska Attorney Generals office and filed a consumer complaint. A complaint mediator was assigned and wrote Assurant Solutions asking them to contact him. They did not do so. He sent a second request asking them to try and resolve the problem through mediation and they have ignored him.
I will NEVER shop Home Depot again and have asked my in=laws to support me by doing the same. They are contractors who spend many thousands a year there. I will NEVER have another GE product and have asked family & friends to boycott them. Lastly I will NEVER get an extended warranty from Assurant Solu5tions and plan on a civil suit in court.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2011 08:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Assurant-Solutions/Madison-Heights-Michigan-48071/Assurant-Solutions-Bashay-Richardson-Extended-Warranty-Ripoff-Madison-Heights-Michigan-735322. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Assurant Solutions