Complaint Review: Assurant Solutions

• Updated: Sun, June 29, 2014

• Reported By: Teresa — Fullerton California
Assurant Solutions
Internet USA

Assurant Solutions Bought insurance with new Samsung Galaxy 5. Complicit with telecheck to refuse my payment and charge me $25.00! Internet

*UPDATE Employee: We'd Like To Help You With Your Phone!

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S5 phone through TMobile, and bought the "insurance," which does not replace the phone for free, but rather charges you $175.00 to replace it (rather than paying another $600.00 to replace the phone, and on top of the monthly charege I pay to insure the phone).

My purse was lost, and in it the phone, as well as my debit/credit cards.  I went to TMobile to file the paperwork to get the phone replaced, and because I have no cards (and it was Sunday) I used a check.  Assurance got on the phone with me, and before it processed my payment read me the notification that if my check did not clear they could charge me $25.00.  I agreed, because I knew the money was in my account, because I had just transferred money into my checking account from my savings to cover the $175 (there was more than that in my account).  But my check was declined. [continued below]....

.....  The agent gave me the number of Telecheck, who determines whether checks are approved or denied. She also informed me that i would be charged the $25.00 for the declined check. That fast.

I called Telecheck, and (after jumping through a million hoops to get to a live person, INCLUDING entering my routing #, account #, check # date, and amount on the phone keypad) the they told me that the amount ($175) was too much, as I was a new account and had never used their services before, they could not approve it.  I explained that the money was in my account, and they said they had no access to see my account.  WHAT???

So basically, Assurant Solutions made a cool $25.00 off me. Even though i have the money. It costs $175 to replace the phone, but that's too much money, according to Telecheck. I have no new phone, and I am out $25.00.

SCAM!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2014 06:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Assurant-Solutions/internet/Assurant-Solutions-Bought-insurance-with-new-Samsung-Galaxy-5-Complicit-with-telecheck-1158356. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Assurant Solutions

We'd Like To Help You With Your Phone!

AUTHOR: Assurant Solutions - ()

I read your report and we are investigating. So sorry about your lost purse...I know that's a terrible feeling. We'll get in touch with you today and get to the bottom of what happened here. We want you to be heppy and feel good about your protection plan. Let's get you a new phone ASAP!