Complaint Review: Assurant Specialty Property

• Updated: Sat, August 13, 2011

• Reported By: Mary — Durham North Carolina United States of America
Assurant Specialty Property
11222 Quail Roost Drive Miami, Florida United States of America

Assurant Specialty Property American Bankers Insurance company of Florida, Assurant Property and Casualty,American Security Insurance Company, American Reliable Insurance Company, American Security Insurance Company, Union Secu Insurance Scam Miami, Florida

My home was broken into on May 30, 2011.  I filed a report on line as instructed.  At the end it said I would be contacted to get the necessary information.  On June 17, I still had not been contacted so I called.  I was instructed on what to send and told my case would "open for review" now.  I faxed in police report, receipts, serial numbers etc as instructed that day.  June 27 I still had no call or no communication of any kind. I called in and was told Jorge Clavell was reviewing my case and would contact me.  July 1 still nothing so I called in and was told Jorge was going to do a rush review now.  July 5 called back and was told Victoria the manager would review and expedite payment.  July 10th I received a check which wasn't even close to what I had lost or reported.  Also my estranged husband who wasn't on the claim or the policy was listed on the check.  We don't currently have a joint account so the check was useless.  I called in again and was told Jorge made a mistake and they would issue a new check 10 days after that one was issued if it had not cleared.  Meanwhile on the 12th I received a listing of my items stolen and the value, 1) a lot of items were left off 2) the items were valued based on items that are no longer available (i have replacement price coverage).  All the while I have been calling leaving messages for Victoria the manager to call me.  Jorge is rude, obnoxious as are the other people who answer the phone, several of whom laugh when I say I want to speak to a manager & say "victoria" will return my call while they are laughing hysterically.  On July 20th I receive a check for correction on one item only.  July 30th I finally receive the first check.  Aug 1, 2011 I fax in the receipts for items I have replaced, as instructed.  Aug 4, 2011 I have heard nothing so I call back, having learned from previous experience.  I was then told "it would now be opened for review"  Aug 9, 2011 I call back to be told Jorge is working on it and will have it complete later that day.  Aug 10, 2011 I call back and I'm told it is complete but the system takes 24 hrs to update. I called back yesterday Aug 12 and was cussed at by person answering phone and told I call too much so that put my claim in pending.  I then again asked for a manager who said while again laughing hysterically, "Victoria" would get back to me.  This is ridiculous!  This isn't a huge claim but I would like to be able to replace ALL my items.  I was told that Silverware, silver platters & silver picture frames were all considered "jewelry" so they amount was capped.  How many people do you know that can wear this stuff????  The website advertises they have a debit card/direct deposit to expedite people getting their money.........Jorge told me that was fake, it isn't real and you can't use those!!  This company is a total scam!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2011 06:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Assurant-Specialty-Property/Miami-Florida-33157/Assurant-Specialty-Property-American-Bankers-Insurance-company-of-Florida-Assurant-Prope-764672. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Assurant Specialty Property