rank

• Submitted: Thu, June 18, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, June 18, 2009

• Reported By:Sydney Other
Astar Fun - Gary Bowers
12421 N Florida Ave Suite C220 Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

Astar Fun - Gary Bowers Astar Scandle - Evil people planning and ploting to rob millions of innocent peoples hard earned cash Florida Colorado

Just like the others it appeared id won a holiday and 5 days later I received a call from a guy saying his name was Gary Bowers, that id won and he needed to confirm my details. After writing down all the information he gave me like reference number, phone number (001) 8136768900, website (www.astar.com) and holiday details such as 18 months to use, 30 day cooling off, package being posted, can take 3 other people.

He transfered me to a guy who said that I would have to pay the taxes on the cruise ship - he expressed that $900.00 was a small price to pay and that "wouldnt get a better deal off a pilot himself" I questioned the time difference of the call - he said he was in Florida and that it was beautiful weather etc, It was approx 6.30pm EST so I figured it was 4.00 - 5.00am their time. He laughed it off and said "yeah working in international orgs can be tricky but i like my job".

It didnt occur to me at the time that he was being a little sarcastic with me and I actually believed them for a little while though as soon as I gave my card details I realised it was a mistake. Thanking my lucky stars I never had enough funds available at the time - I explained to him that I didnt actually realise at the begining Id have to pay and that im a single mother with two children so may have to pay later, he then asked if i had any other cards and sounded a little annoyed and at this stage I knew id made a big mistake.

After I said no id have to transfer funds or have a chance to start saving for my holiday after all I have 18 months and Ive won right. He then told me yes well you did try so continue to save and you wont miss out. After tossing and turning all night I went to the bank the next day and cancelled my card they had attempted to take out funds 4 times through the night first $1300.00 then $988.00 then $650.00 lastly $330.00 they just missed out on stealing my money. Im extremely lucky they never actually got their hands on my money and after I found this site and realised I wasnt alone ive now deceided to report this to police and do what ever I can to stop them from ripping off other innocent people.

Ali
Sydney
Australia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2009 04:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Astar-Fun-Gary-Bowers/Tampa-Florida-33612/Astar-Fun-Gary-Bowers-Astar-Scandle-Evil-people-planning-and-ploting-to-rob-millions-o-462492. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Astar Fun - Gary Bowers