Complaint Review: Astar Travel

• Submitted: Tue, May 19, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, May 19, 2009

• Reported By:Ipswich Other
Astar Travel
12421 N. Florida Ave. Suite C-220 Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

Astar Travel They at first told me I had won a free holiday. Then said in order to receive it I needed a valid credit card for hotel expenses etc. They said I need to give them the numbers so they could check that its valid. At the very end of the conversation they then said it wasn't a free holiday but a discounted holiday package and it would cost $998.00. Tampa Florida

I received a phone call at 6.20am in the morning from a guy stating I had won a free holiday to Florida. I went through all the details with him and he said he will be sending out the details and tickets. He then said it would cost $998.00 ($1300 Aust) I then decided I didn't want to go so I played along just to get him off the line (I should have just hung up). Well eventually the discussion came around to "when you arrive you will need to pay for all your incidentals by credit card. Have you got a valid visa or mastercard? I said that I had and he said he just needed the numbers to verify that it really was valid because without it there could be no trip. Stupid me gave the numbers thinking it won't have enough credit and I haven't actually agreed to anything as yet. I told him there may not be any credit and he said yes there was enough and that the payment went through. He then said I wasn't getting a free holiday but a discounted holiday deal. I said my husband won't authorise this and he replied that the money can be refunded if my husband says no. Well there is no e-mail address and the phone number does not connect so I called my bank and guess what? they took the money. A fool and their money are soon parted!!!

Kylie
Ipswich
Australia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2009 08:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Astar-Travel/Tampa-Florida-33612/Astar-Travel-They-at-first-told-me-I-had-won-a-free-holiday-Then-said-in-order-to-receive-453530. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Astar Travel