Complaint Review: Astar Travel

• Submitted: Sun, July 12, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, July 12, 2009

• Reported By:Dianella Other
Astar Travel
12421 N Florida Avenue, Suite C 220 Tampa,, Florida U.S.A.

Astar Travel Was bombarded verbally on the phone on a personal level - my christian name used continually - stupidly gave my credit card details. Trying to cancel - impossible to make contact. Ripped off! Tampa, Florida

Was bombarded on a personal level (christian name used continuously) and stupidly gave my credit card details. I did ask why they would need that and was told convincingly not to worry, it was OK. I remarked I would prefer to see what was offered with pamphlets etc. then make up my mind. Lenny Patram told me that information would be forthcoming in the next 14-21 days.

Whilst on the phone to him - he and his two cohorts Kevin ? and Sue Waykoff - he was telling me about his nine year old son and how he and his wife are wondering whether to have another child or not. Wife not too keen etc. etc. I think it was Kevin who was trying to get me rah -rahing about the 'free' trip and was surprised I spoke such good English - what did he expect Martian gibber? He said he had been on a call to a woman in Singapore and her English was terrible. I bet she had more sense than give the details I did.

During this time my Bank was trying to call me - they tried twice - to let me know this was a Scam and the money had been taken out of my account.
As a Senior Citizen I feel embarassed, foolish etc. Is there any hope of getting my $US998 back?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2009 12:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Astar-Travel/Tampa-Florida-33612/Astar-Travel-Was-bombarded-verbally-on-the-phone-on-a-personal-level-my-christian-name-u-468734. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Astar Travel