aroused

• Submitted: Mon, August 10, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, August 10, 2009

• Reported By:Mount Maunganui Other
Astar Travel
12421 North Florida Avenue Tampa Florida, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 016-818002313760
  • Web:
  • Category: Air Travel

Astar Travel TOLD ME I HAD WON A TRIP TO A PLACE OF MY CHOICE. WHEN IT CAME TO TAKING MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER WHICH I DID NOT HAVE HE HUNG UP AND I NEVER HEARD FROM THEM AGAIN Tampa Florida

*Consumer Comment: You gave too much...

I would first like to say it's a shame so many people experienced what they have because of this agencies disgusting treatment of people and bluntly put straight out lies.

I was called approximately 3 months ago to say that I had won a trip to a place of my choice, Bahamas etc. I stayed on the phone with them giving them all the information they asked for eg; Name, Adress, where I would like to go, who with etc. This man spent around 10 minutes telling my all these wonderful things about the destination and that I would only have to pay $900 odd (US) and that's all I was expected to pay for three friends and myself to go on this wonderful 4 star holiday.

When he came to the end of his script he then asked for my credit card details, something I was not comfortable with at all. I gave some of the numbers then asked Why he needed it? Would I be charged immediately? What was the company name again? Then I said to him I was not comfortable giving my number to him over the phone. He went back into his script a little then again asked me for the number. I did not give the right number and when he asked for the security numbers of the back of my card I declined. This is when he hung up on my and I haven't heard anything further from them.

Today I found the piece of paper I had written all the information on and decided to google the name Astar Travel. Not to my surpirse look what I found. I can say this, I am sooooo gald I did not give any of my details and am quite happy to stay put in New Zealand and organise my own travel. PHEW

I suppose the bottom line is don't click on flash boxs that pop up saying "Click now and you have won a trip to ???"

B
Mount Maunganui
New Zealand

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2009 05:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Astar-Travel/Tampa-Florida-Florida-33612/Astar-Travel-TOLD-ME-I-HAD-WON-A-TRIP-TO-A-PLACE-OF-MY-CHOICE-WHEN-IT-CAME-TO-TAKING-MY-C-478240. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Astar Travel

You gave too much...

AUTHOR: Justins - (U.S.A.)

You gave too many details as it is. He's going to be calling your friends now. And keep an eye on your bank accounts - identity theft is possible.