Complaint Review: Astar Travel

• Submitted: Thu, February 14, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, February 14, 2008

• Reported By:Melbourne Other
Astar Travel
http://www.astartravel.com/index.asp Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

Astar Travel / All Seasons Travel RIP OFF Tampa Florida

Like many others I was duped into booking accommodation deals with this / these companies.

I actually tried to use the vouchers, but that was a complete nightmare also.

Flying from Australia I decided to have a decent holiday and took a 10 week break. Unfortunately with All Seasons, they will only send confimation of your accommodation request to you 45 days before your date of arrival, and also only send them by mail. Completely impractial in my circumstance as I would be in Europe then.

I contacted the company dozens of times by e-mail letting them know my situation but I always got a similiar response, that being they couldn't confirm that the accommodation would be available until closer to the arrival timae, and only by mail.

I ended up having to book alternate accommodation in Orlando so that ended up being an extra expense.
I did contact the company after the holiday to sort out the mess. They did offer to extend the time frame in which I could use the vouchers but after I'd just taken an expensive trip I would be going anywhere for a while. I did pursue the point for a while but I got so frustrated by the whole thing I gave up.

They do try to come off as a legit comany, and maybe if you live in the USA you may get to use the vouchers, but us here on the other side of the world, it's a lot harder to organise, so be warned!!!!

One last thing, my original dealing with this company was over 4 years ago, I got a phone call from AStar travel this morning offering me a "great travel package", you can imagine what I told them!

Niki
Melbourne
Australia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2008 05:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Astar-Travel/Tampa-Florida/Astar-Travel-All-Seasons-Travel-RIP-OFF-Tampa-Florida-308981. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Astar Travel