intended

• Submitted: Tue, September 30, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, October 03, 2008

• Reported By:Kokkola Other
Astar Travel
12421 N. Florida Ave, Suite C-220, Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

Astar Travel Astar - what are you doing Tampa Florida

*Consumer Comment: report it and contact the newspaper

My man was looking something in computer. Suddenly came the window where was saying "you have win 3000 euros vacation to Bahama". Make sure that you have win must you give your name, adress, e-mail and phonenumber - otherwise the vacation to Bahama will be lost and somebody else will win that. They said that they will contact later. 19th september 2008 telephone rang and it was from USA. The man told to my husband "you have win the vacation to Bahama - congratulate!" Make sure the win, he needed the number of the credit card. My husband have no credit card. He waved his hand with great interest and I was also very happy and interested.

The man in the telephone asked the credit card number so he can verify we are the right winners. I started to distrust, but anyway gave my Visa to my husband, because i wanted this vacation very much. After that the man said that he was recording the telephone call and he wanted some money. This "win" didnt include the airtickets and duty. If we want the vacation, we must pay about 700 euros beforehand, airtickets and dutys about 250 euros for one person. They will then send the tickets to us.

After the telephone call we started thinking - this was swindle! After half an hour call I to my credit card company and cancel my Visa. This company I am telling is Astar. The man in the phone said not the companys name until he had my Visa number. By the way - the vacation in Bahama was only 2 days, other days was somewhere other place.

Could you pleace do something! Astar is takin money from people outside USA. Are you intressing this case? We are living all over the world and can do nothing. Who helps us? Must we come to the USA and start the lawsuit and ourself catch hold of swindle this criminals. We are not people from USA and maybe no one are interest this case and you are laughing for us. Am I right? Well, I am little angry. Sorry. God bless you all and thank you we can write in this palce.

Sirkka
Kokkola
Finland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/30/2008 08:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Astar-Travel/Tampa-Florida/Astar-Travel-Astar-what-are-you-doing-Tampa-Florida-377241. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Astar Travel

report it and contact the newspaper

AUTHOR: Bobo - (Australia)

Hi,

I totally agree with you and luckilly you act fast and didnt get cheated, What u can do now is contact the newpaper so everyone will be alert about this case, because it could have happened to many people only they keep quiet.

Besides that, they don't want to tell the company at once because they know that they are in bad reputation now and I can guess that this bad boss is going to change his company's name again, for sure.

Other than that, I suggest you to contact the consumer centre and government sector in Florida. Email your complain to them.

All people who worked in this company is CURSED, esp. the heartless BOSS.

I cannot understand why there are still people who want to work for this company.