Complaint Review: Astar

• Submitted: Thu, October 18, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, October 18, 2007

• Reported By:Hillerød Other
allseasonstravelandresorts.com Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

Astar Astar - You won $3000 travel voucher pay only 15 % - Company want creditcard info over phone !! Tampa Florida

Just got a call from Astar, a sales rep. Mari telling me that we won 7 days in Orlando, 3 days in Daytona Beach, and a 2 day cruice to Bahamas and som days there i suspect. It starts of with Mari telling me how great its going to be for me and my wife, and this goes on for a few minutes it all sounds very nice, and she is really persistant calling on 2 different mobile phone numbers due to bad connections and one land line. This sounds to good to be true ( I might have been stupid to give them all these phone numbers only time will show), the voucher will be valid for 18 months and it can be sold to anyone over 21. When Mari was done, I got transferred to the reservations boss Mr. Scott, and he starts of by wanting to confirm my reservation and this can only be done with a credit card number - this is where i get even more suspisios. I tell him that i dont use my credit card this way, then he starts getting a little pushy telling me that this is the way Hotels confirm their reservations. I tell him no and he says goodbye and the line is cut off. So what is the catch - as i see it - in order to get my winnings i will have to pay 15 % of the vacation cost, and finance the flight from Denmark to Florida - thats not winning.
I didn't get hurt, but i dont like their tactics.
I thank Ripoff for making this info avaliable keeping me alert.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2007 10:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Astar/Tampa-Florida/Astar-Astar-You-won-3000-travel-voucher-pay-only-15-Company-want-creditcard-info-ov-279528. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Astar