Complaint Review: Astar

• Submitted: Sat, April 18, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, April 19, 2009

• Reported By:Lippstadt Other
Astar
www.astarfun.com Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

Astar I was credited 998.- $ for a trip in Florida and found out that the flight is not included Tampa Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Why Didn't You Ask for Written Verification?

I have the impression that Astar is not a serious company, I had the same problem like other customers who wrote their report here, they called me in Germany and told me I won a trip and a cruise etc..., they made the impression that all expences are included (all inclusive), after that I had to find out that they already credited me from my Mastercard with 998.- U.S. $.

I called Mastercard and told them to block the transaction but they said it is too late. Now I have to find a way to get my money back after finding out that the flight to the U.S. and bevarages are not included (which makes the trip too expensive). What I dont understand is how companies like this still exist without having problems with the law? If anybody has an idea how I can get my money back please let me know. Thank you.

Marwan
Lippstadt
Germany

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2009 04:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Astar/Tampa-Florida/Astar-I-was-credited-998-for-a-trip-in-Florida-and-found-out-that-the-flight-is-not-in-444648. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Astar

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Why Didn't You Ask for Written Verification?

AUTHOR: Karl - (U.S.A.)

Obviously it was a scam. You don't pay anything on winnings other than taxes (at least in the US). You didn't ask for written verification. The "prize" was only available today and on the telephone, right? You gave out your credit card number, right? You didn't win anything. This was an excuse to sell you - not give you - a second rate vacation without air fare. Ask them to mail you verification of what you "won" next time or simple hang up while laughing. You'll be way ahead money-wise.