Complaint Review: Astar

• Reported By:Perth Other
Astar
Nationwide U.S.A.

Astar Rip of Scam Nationwide

I recieved a phone call 2 nights ago around 730pm on my mobile (private number) saying i won the florida & bahamas comp that i entered.

What happened during the call and what i won was nearly identical to everyone else's story i have read.

When he ask for my credit card details i was a little confussed as to why i had to he said it was to verify my details how stupid am i.

I did give him my details then asked why again what for. He said i had to pay $998 to recieve the tickets ect. I explained to him why should i be paying for anything if i won this or any prize.

At that time i asked him not to put any transaction through and to stop any payment from my card he then got so narsty and that's when i knew it was a scam and he hang up on me.

Lucky for me i rang my bank up straight away to stop my card.

They are very good at what they do and have to be stopped.

Angie
Perth
Australia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2009 03:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Astar/nationwide/Astar-Rip-of-Scam-Nationwide-465121. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Astar