Vienna

• Updated: Tue, April 23, 2013

• Reported By: W. — Fairfield Connecticut
Astoria Federal Savings
Internet, New York United States of America

Astoria Federal Savings Delays recording payments then issues late fees Internet, New York

I have a 7 year old mortgage with Astoria Federal. I have a grace period o 15 days after the first to make my monthly payments.

I always mail the payment a week to ten days before the end of the grace period. I mail the payment using the coupon and the envelope they provide to an address that the US postal service assures me would be reached in no more than 2 to 3 days. In spite of this, my payments are often recorded as late and I am charged a late fee.

When I call to complain I am told by the "loan advisor" that they can only remove one late charge a year. Some of them actually admit that payments made are often delayed before they are recorded and customers constantly call about it.

I believe what they are doing is delaying the receipt of the payment, to collect additional interest on the loan and a nice fat late fee.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2013 12:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Astoria-Federal-Savings/Internet-New-York-/Astoria-Federal-Savings-Delays-recording-payments-then-issues-late-fees-Internet-New-Yor-1045549. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Astoria Federal Savings