Complaint Review: Astro Moving and Storage

• Reported By: John Lingle — Boca Raton Florida
Astro Moving and Storage
30 Jefferson Ave, St James, NY 11780 Smithtown, New York USA

Astro Moving and Storage St. James Lost & Missing Items Smithtown New York

On November 5th 2013 we hired Astro Moving & Storage to move the contents of my apartment on Long Island to a new apartment in Floridia.   The contents consisted of some furniture and personal items that were well packed and boxed prior to their arrival.  They arrived on time but were terrible at handling the items.  They bumped things against the wall and damaged the drywall, they also cracked the top of coffee table.   I could have dealt with all of that ... When my items finally arrived it was obvious that two of my boxes were opened and then closed backed up.  I'm missing several items including electronics, a lenox vase, and crystal.  Someone tore through all of my boxes and then closed them back up.  They didn't even use the same tape to close them.

I contacted the owner and filed a claim but there isn't any recourse and they deny that anything occured.  I've contacted the authorities in both Florida and NY and apparently this particular company has numerour compaints for theft during the move.  I'm working with a lawyer in NY to recoup the costs and try to get my money back from the move.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2013 09:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Astro-Moving-and-Storage/Smithtown-New-York/Astro-Moving-and-Storage-St-James-Lost-amp-Missing-Items-Smithtown-New-York-1103916. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Astro Moving and Storage