planetary

• Reported By: xxsaturnxx — Palmyra Pennsylvania
Asurion
1850 Midway Lane Smyrna, Tennessee USA

Asurion Cellular Insurance, Phoneclaim.com Smyrna Tennessee

Between March 19 - March 21 (I forget which day), I accidently took my Apple iPhone 4 in the hot tub with me. 20 minutes later I realized this.

I knew that I had insurance so I contacted the Verizon store where I got my phone from originally. I thought that they would give me one right then and there, but I was wrong.

They directed me to the place that would. Asurion aka phoneclaim.com

I contacted them and was told to submit my claim online. I filled everything out and i did get a new iPhone 4 THE NEXT DAY, (March 22, Friday) which was fantastic.

The instructions in the box that my phone came in said to put my damaged phone into the pre paid envelope and send within 15 days or I could be charged $300+ dollars. I sent it back on the 13th day (April 4 2013)

About 2 - 3 weeks after I did that I started getting phone calls from them telling me that they did not recieve my damaged phone. I finally called back and did the automated thing asking me to enter the day, month, and year that I sent my phone back. I did this 4 TIMES within the next month.

I was also contacted by Asuion by mail telling me that I did not send back my phone and to call this number to speak to someone about it.

I called the number and it was the same automated BS that I dealt with before.

EACH TIME I did the automated thing, the automated person said that '...if you do not hear from a representative within 72 hours, that means that this is resolved'' (or something along those lines.

NO ONE EVER CONTACTED ME PERSONALLY! Not by email, cell, or mail.

I noticed this weekend (May 25) that my bank account was charged $300. (Granted, I already paid the $165 deductible, so actually they charged me $465 for an iPhone 4)

I immediately called my bank and we are in the process of getting my money back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2013 12:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asurion-/Smyrna-Tennessee-37167/Asurion-Cellular-Insurance-Phoneclaimcom-Smyrna-Tennessee-1054002. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Asurion