Complaint Review: Asurion Insurance Services

• Updated: Thu, August 16, 2012

• Reported By: Bill — stickney Illinois United States of America
Asurion Insurance Services
648 Grassmere Park Nashville, Tennessee United States of America

Asurion Insurance Services Bait and switch. Better to burn your money than pay these crooks. Nashville, Tennessee

Placed a claim for a nearly new Sprint Galaxy sII with a broken screen.  Called Asurion and they said they don't have any stock.  They told me the only option was an HTC Evo design replacement.  I did get the phone, but shocked that they thought this was an acceptable replacement. They told me the Sii isn't made any more so they won't be getting any in.  I'm pretty sure the Evo design isn't made any more either.  Most major carriers are still selling the old stock on Sii's, now at a discount.

They also didn't send a battery with it and 7 days later I still don't have a battery.  I went to the sprint store and had them call asurion.  Same bullsh*t.

Had a conference call with Sprint Account Services and Assurion and again. Same bullsh*t. I told them that it was not an acceptable replacement (Sprint account Services agreed) as the Evo design is much smaller and not nearly as feature rich as the Galaxy Sii.  They told me that since screen is an issue they would offer to send an original Evo 4G.  I bought one of those 3 years ago and is the phone I upgraded from. Why would this be an acceptable alternative.

Luckily, I know a guy that knows a guy and was able to get my Galaxy screen replaced. I am returning the Evo Design to Asurion, but will take it to the local post office and have the postmaster sign a letter to confirm that I mailed it. I will also be sending a copy to Sprint corporate, the BBB and the state Attorney General's office.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2012 11:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asurion-Insurance-Services/Nashville-Tennessee-37211/Asurion-Insurance-Services-Bait-and-switch-Better-to-burn-your-money-than-pay-these-croo-928161. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Asurion Insurance Services