Complaint Review: Asurion Insurance

• Updated: Tue, March 20, 2012

• Reported By: Dariusz — Gilbert Arizona United States of America
Asurion Insurance
648 Grassmere Park Suite 300 Nashville, Tennessee United States of America

Asurion Insurance rip off. Holding my phone hostage. Do not do any business with these people. Nashville, Tennessee

I purchased cell phone from At&T and insured with AT&T contracted company Asurion. My cell phone broke on 03/19/2012 and I have contacted AT&T for replacement as I am paying insurance on all my phones. I was then redirected to Asurion and went for 30 minutes with orator answering question that would verify my identity, after all that time I was asked to email or fax copy of my drivers licence and copy of the bill. I refused as I don't really know Asurion, and in the past was a victim of internet identity theft. So Asurion told me they will hold my cell phone hostage til the day they will receive my personal info. In today's date and era I believe they should have other ways in place to verify customers identity. Please help me get my cell phone back as this is my business line and I can not communicate with my customers.

Do not get theirs insurance coverage on your cell phone, you'll never get your cell phone back!!!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2012 02:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asurion-Insurance/Nashville-Tennessee-37211/Asurion-Insurance-rip-off-Holding-my-phone-hostage-Do-not-do-any-business-with-these-pe-856837. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Asurion Insurance