hidden

Complaint Review: Asurion Insurance

• Submitted: Sat, November 19, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, November 19, 2011

• Reported By: AsurionInsuranceRipsUoff — East Lansing Michigan United States of America
Asurion Insurance
1850 Midway Lane Nationwide United States of America

Asurion Insurance Verizon Wireless Asurion Insurance They will send you a refurbished, 2-year old, $50 phone when you make a claim for your $300 phone. Smyrna, Tennessee Nationwide

DO NOT GET VERIZON WIRELESS INSURANCE THROUGH ASURION!

I have been a loyal Verizon wireless customer for about 5 years. I bought a new phone 3 years ago that was rather expensive at the time. It was a Motorola RAZR2 v9m. A classy phone, that cost about $300 then. Even now, they are about $180 and up for a new one.

So I've been paying $5 a month for at least 36 months for the Asurion Insurance that Verizon recommended. They are supposed to get you a replacement phone that is comparable to the one you have insured. So I go to file a claim today and they want to send me a piece-of-junk $50 standard phone as a replacement!

I call to state my case and the phone operators there don't care - they just recite some old line given them by their managers. "That model has been discontinued sir. We can send you a comparable one though, would you like to do that now?"

NO! A $50 replacement phone without the design or features of the phone I had insured will not do! So I looked online for replacement phone of the same model, and sure enough, there were over 100 retailers still offering the phone for sale. It's the best RAZR made to date, so it's no surprise that they are still for sale.

The phone representative then tells me, "when you file an insurance claim for a car, they don't give you money towards the purchase of a new car do they?" Yes, in fact, they do. If your car is totaled (like my phone is since I can't use it at all) the insurance company will cut YOU a check for use towards the purchase of a new vehicle.

So I ask to speak with their legal department, and after a 10 minute hold the phone representative (Deanna) returns and say's "sorry, the legal department is non-contactable". Sure! I'll be contacting them for sure anyways, through a process server!

Bottom line - if you have an expensive phone, don't get it insured through these bozos. If you have a cheap phone, you don't need insurance! What a total rip off and complete waster of time.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2011 07:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asurion-Insurance/nationwide/Asurion-Insurance-Verizon-Wireless-Asurion-Insurance-They-will-send-you-a-refurbished-2-y-799964. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Asurion Insurance