Complaint Review: Asurion Technology Protection

• Submitted: Fri, March 18, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, March 21, 2011

• Reported By: Kari — New York United States of America
Asurion Technology Protection

Asurion Technology Protection Never Using This Service Again, Phones Are Worse Quality Than the One I Sent In! Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Have Fun

*Consumer Suggestion: They will exchange it.

I'm furious! After a friend sat on my Alias 1, my mom told me to go through Asurion and get a replacement, which my brother has never had a problem with. The phone arrived in 2 days which was fine, but the battery compartment door squeaked when i would text and the keyboard backlight is darker in some spots than others, not to mention THE UP VOLUME KEY DOESN'T WORK.

The quality of the replacement wasn't worth the money I paid for it, it was worse quality than my phone with the cracked screen! I figured whatever, I just need to wait out my contract and upgrade, but fast forward 3 months, and I already need a new phone.

I charge my phone every night, but when I unplugged it this morning my phone said "Battery Low." This has happened before but usually was resolved by restarting my phone. It wasn't.  I thought I may have accidentally unplugged it in my sleep and plugged it back in earlier that morning, but after another hour of charging it said the same thing.

Tonight I called Asurion on my phone, waited through about half an hour of punching in numbers, and then was told that I would need to hang up and do it all over on the house phone. The technician was really nice, and told me to hold down my power key for 15 seconds, which seemed to fix the problem, but 2 hours later my phone is saying battery low, when it just said it had a full charge.

Asurion, you'll expect to hear back from me first thing tomorrow morning, because I am completely furious with the HORRIBLE quality of this phone. When I upgrade in the next few months, I'll be sure never to invest in this service again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2011 08:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asurion-Technology-Protection/internet/Asurion-Technology-Protection-Never-Using-This-Service-Again-Phones-Are-Worse-Quality-Th-707928. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Asurion Technology Protection

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Have Fun

AUTHOR: mr. rik - (United States of America)

Have fun going thru THAT again!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

They will exchange it.

AUTHOR: Heidi - (United States of America)

I have had an experience like yours.  I had no problem getting it exchanged.  Just talk to a supervisor and tell them their replacement was defective.