Complaint Review: Asurion (wireless phone insurance)

• Submitted: Fri, August 13, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, August 17, 2010

• Reported By: Steve — Fort Myers Florida U.S.A.
Asurion (wireless phone insurance)
648 Grassmere Park, Suite 300, Nashville, Tennessee 3721 Internet United States of America

Asurion (wireless phone insurance) VZW Verizon Wireless Tries to replace your phone with a lesser product. Nahsville, Tennessee, Internet

*Author of original report: Asurion went out of their way to make things right!

I lost my Motorola Droid phone on 07/29/2010 on a flight from our home in Florida to Stuttgart Germany.  We filed a claim and, after two weeks of getting the run-around, we finally were able to process a claim.  After our claim was approved we received a message from the company that stated that they no longer carried the Droid and that I would have to take a different product.

I was offered the Eris, the Ally or the Devour - all of which are not in the same category as the Droid.  I went on VZWs web site and found that the Droid was still offered, but the Eris was not.

Just on the basis of list price the only one that comes close to the Droid ($559) is the Devour at $489 - still about 15% less.  As for features none of what was offered compares to the Droid.

Not only do I have to accept the lesser product they tell me that they intend to send a refurbished product.

Considering that I have to pay $50 for a deductible and have been paying them $5 to $6 per month for nearly 8 years I find this to be unacceptable.  I have MORE than paid for a new, equal, phone.   If they do not have a Droid in stock then I would be willing to consider another phone, but since I am accepting a refurb I think it's only reasonable that the phone has more, not fewer, capabilities as the one I had insured.

I would suggest to anyone that has Asurion insurance through Verizon Wireless to self insure - take their $6/month and stick it in the bank.  You can buy a used phone in a couple years time and not have the hassle..

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2010 04:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asurion-wireless-phone-insurance/internet/Asurion-wireless-phone-insurance-VZW-Verizon-Wireless-Tries-to-replace-your-phone-with-a-631265. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Asurion (wireless phone insurance)

Asurion went out of their way to make things right!

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Asurion has made things right, I went on their website and filed a complaint.  Within 24 hours someone from their CEO's office contacted me with a resolution.  Since my DROPD was no longer in stock they offered me a better phone which I received the NEXT DAY.  Not only did I get the phone, but included all the extra trimmings, case, car charger and head set.

KUDOS to Asurion.  I would recommend their service to anyone!