- Report: #921584
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Asurion
Asurion648 Grassmere Park Suite 300 Nashville, TN 37211 648 Grassmere Park Suite 300 Nashville, TN 37211, Tennessee United States of America
Asurion Verizon phone insurance : Poor value--ripoff! 648 Grassmere Park Suite 300 Nashville, TN 37211, Tennessee
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
2. After 19 months, my phone was stolen and I attempted to exercise my plan, but
learned I would owe a deductible of $169. First disappointment.
[Thus I paid $230 (initial contract cost) + ($11*19= $209 for insurance + $169 "deductible" for a total of $608 for a used iPhone.]
3. Then I learned Verizon contracts this service to Asurion, so I go there and have my claim repeatedly rejected since there phone information does not match Verizon (who had upgraded me to 4s and activated a new phone). The phoneclaim website tosses out the affidavit with no indication of why and suggests a call to an 800 number, which points you back to the website, and so on.)
4. Finally, I get a rep on the phone, who sends my back to Verizon for the correct info, which I enter at the Asurion website, but it won't take the claim number (wrong number of digits), my shipping address (which it thinks is invalid although they have it for billing and it *must* match my CC card).
Overall, extremely unhappy with entire process. Verizon misled me about the value of the program ("we will replace your lost phone!" (yeah, for the cost of a new one...), Asurion went out of their way to discourage claimants, and eventually extracted the cost of a refurb phone for all my trouble.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2012 02:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asurion/648-Grassmere-Park-Suite-300-Nashville-TN-37211-Tennessee-37211/Asurion-Verizon-phone-insurance-Poor-value-ripoff-648-Grassmere-Park-Suite-300-Nashvil-921584. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.