Complaint Review: Asurion

• Submitted: Thu, August 02, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, August 02, 2012

• Reported By: Discouraged Consumer — Bay Area California United States of America
Asurion
648 Grassmere Park Suite 300 Nashville, TN 37211 648 Grassmere Park Suite 300 Nashville, TN 37211, Tennessee United States of America

Asurion Verizon phone insurance : Poor value--ripoff! 648 Grassmere Park Suite 300 Nashville, TN 37211, Tennessee

1. I prudently purchased insurance against phone loss from Verizon when I got my iPhone.
2. After 19 months, my phone was stolen and I attempted to exercise my plan, but
learned I would owe a deductible of $169.  First disappointment.

[Thus I paid $230 (initial contract cost) + ($11*19= $209 for insurance + $169 "deductible"  for a total of $608 for a used iPhone.]

3. Then I learned Verizon contracts this service to Asurion, so I go there and have my claim repeatedly rejected since there phone information does not match Verizon (who had upgraded me to 4s and activated a new phone).  The phoneclaim website tosses out the affidavit with no indication of why and suggests a call to an 800 number, which points you back to the website, and so on.)

4. Finally, I get a rep on the phone, who sends my back to Verizon for the correct info, which I enter at the Asurion website, but it won't take the claim number (wrong number of digits), my shipping address (which it thinks is invalid although they have it for billing and it *must* match my CC card).

Overall, extremely unhappy with entire process.  Verizon misled me about the value of the program ("we will replace your lost phone!" (yeah, for the cost of a new one...), Asurion went out of their way to discourage claimants, and eventually extracted the cost of a refurb phone for all my trouble.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2012 02:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asurion/648-Grassmere-Park-Suite-300-Nashville-TN-37211-Tennessee-37211/Asurion-Verizon-phone-insurance-Poor-value-ripoff-648-Grassmere-Park-Suite-300-Nashvil-921584. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Asurion