Complaint Review: Asurion

• Updated: Thu, June 20, 2013

• Reported By: Bane — Santa Ana California
Asurion
Internet USA

Asurion Asurion insurance services is a sham of a company. Bait and switch tactics. Internet

I had not experienced problems dealing with Asurion in the past, and figured that there would be no difficulty in getting my phone replaced in a reasonable amount of time. Well I proceeded to file a claim on Monday June 10, 2013, for my shattered screen on my Galaxy S3. I was then told that the unit was out of stock and on back order, and should arrive within 3-7 days. Well no problem, I can live without a phone for a few days. Monday came around, and still no update from Asurion regarding my claim. This is there the problems arose. First I was told that the unit was on back order and would arrive within 3-7 days, which I explained to the agent I was told a week ago. The agent responded that they would check for me and placed me on a brief hold. She came back on the line after a short wait, and then told me that they were expecting a shipment in that day (Monday June 17), and that my unit should be ready to ship out tomorrow morning (Tuesday June 18). Well Tusday morning, there was still no email from Asurion in regards to the phone being available to ship. I called in again to inquire about the claim, and was given the same b.s. excuse yet again. I had to explain the whole thing over yet again, and asked to speak to someone else who told me that Samsung stopped producing the S3 in blue (the phone that I needed replaced) and offered me the phone in white, or a Nexus. I gave up on them and called Tmobile, and was able to switch over to the S4 (a far superior phone). For the premuim that I pay every month for phone "insurance" is ridiclous if this is the kind of service they give their clients. It was only after this whole dibacle that I discovered the numerous complaints filed on Rip Off Report, in addition to the 1500 complaints filed against them in the past 3 years. This would not have been a problem if they had just been straight with me from the get go.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2013 05:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asurion/internet/Asurion-Asurion-insurance-services-is-a-sham-of-a-company-Bait-and-switch-tactics-Intern-1060198. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Asurion