Complaint Review: Asurion

• Submitted: Thu, April 18, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, April 18, 2013

• Reported By: JulesF — Liverpool New York
Asurion
160 Bovet Rd Suite 402, San Mateo California 94402 Internet United States of America

Asurion Asurion (insurance through Verizon) SENT ME A BROKEN IPHONE! I made them send me another replacement, and now they CLAIM THEY NEVER RECEIVED THE PHONE I SENT BACK! scam Internet

My iphone broke, I contacted Asurion and the process was easy. I paid my $169.00 deductible fee. I received the replacement quickly; I did suspect it was a refurbished phone. The next day I returned my broken phone in the postage paid envelope they provided per their instruction. Within a couple of days (less than a week) the replacement phone they gave me suddenly stopped working. I called explained that their replacement phone does not work and requested a new replacement. I received the 2nd replacement quickly too. Again I returned the phone the defective 1st replacement phone in the provided postage paid envelope. Now nearly a month later I receive a letter that they did not receive the replacement phone and that they will be charging my account on May 7th $305.00 because they say they did not receive the broken phone. Give me a break! I sent it back! What the heck am I going to do with a broken refurbished phone? This has got to be a scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2013 07:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asurion/internet/Asurion-Asurion-insurance-through-Verizon-SENT-ME-A-BROKEN-IPHONE-I-made-them-send-me-1044466. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Asurion