Complaint Review: Asurion

• Submitted: Thu, April 11, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, April 11, 2013

• Reported By: CShank84 — Brookpark Ohio
648 Grassmere Park Nashville, TN 37211 Internet United States of America

Asurion PhoneClaim.Com Liars,Fraud,Ripoff,Pain,Anguish,Anxiety Attacks,Promises they WILL not keep...3 MONTHS of this! Internet

Let me start from the beginning of the worse pain in my LIFE! I was having technical problems with my DROID3 that asurion replaced for me 6 times with in a year. Well,as alwaysI,i called asurion. The tech support told me they will not replace my phone because of the 6 phones within a year thing. He told me what I had to.is to go to a Verizon store and purchase out of pocket a DROID3 and they would reimburse me the cost. So I went to 2Verizon stores and they both did not have the DROID3. Unfortunately they were out modes.Verizon only had the upgraded DROID4. I called Asurion again and told them this. The tech support told me to get the DROID4 and how its a likable model, It wouldn't be no problem. I renewed my contract (that was expired 3 or 4 months before all this and i did not want to renew it because my previous plan was amazing) because it was the only way for me to get the phone on my price range. As soon as I got home,I called asurion and explained again to a different tech and she told me to fax over the receipt to them. I did as I was told and faxed over the receipt! The next day,I called to make sure they received the receipt. He told me NO,fax it over again! I did fax it over a total of 6 times!!! Finally,they told me they cannot refund me the money iI was promised because I upgraded. I explained again that the tech told me to get the upgrade because there wasent any more DROID3 in the stores and asked to get transferred to a manager. She was very nice and told me that it is true and it is a likeable phone. I will not have anymore problems getting reimbursed! Waited a couple of more weeks and called back to see what was taking so long for someone to contact me back. They told me they never got the receipt (this is counting 3 out of 6 times) told them that i did and have proof. But i will re send the receipt! I called back to verify if they received it. They did,but,they told me again the same thing. They wnot reimburse me because the DROID4 is not the DROID3!! I asked to get transferred to a manager and I got Ignacio and sent him another receipt. He told me and reassured that he will handle my case and will send me my refund. He took down my number and told me that he will keep in touch. I waited another 2 weeks and gave them a call back. They couldn't transfer me to Ignacio and they couldn't because they all work in different states. So I talked to a very nice young man that told me the reason I didn't get a refund is because of the darn receipt and that I haven't sent in the DROID3 to them. So as this new discovery became unfolded. I sent in the receipt to him with the proper information that I suppose to put on the fax (no one told me to do on the previous receipts claim number,phone number and my name) he later on called me and told me that he sent me a UPS printable shipping information To send the DROID3. I felt assured by him that this time i would get my refund. Before i sent in the DROID3,the next day i went to Verizon to try to flash over everything i had on its memory to the DROID4. Verizon couldnt flash over everything i had on it. I had to manualy transffer over almost everything and had to spend 6 hours printing out my pictures that were on the DROID3. After everything was all said and done,i sent the phone to Asurion. Four weeks later,i called to verify that they received my phone,they havent. He told me to call back in anothe 2 weeks. I called back in 2 weeks,they recieved it. I asked when will i get my refund,he told me to give them another 2 weeks and the check will be in the mail. I gave them 3 weeks and NO check! So,i called back and asked them. They told me that they just received the claim to the claims department and to give them another 2 weeks and my check will be in the mail. Waited for 3 weeks...NO check! Called back to see what was such a hold back. They told me that i will NOT be getting a check because i UPDATED my phone. I asked to speak to a manager and explained everything from start to finish. She apologized and told me that sadly,wouldn't be getting my money back because I UPDATED and didn't not purchased a brand new phone out of pocket. I told her iI did,it was a brand new phone,I bought it out of pocket and I was promised my money back because Asurion did NOT want to replace my DROID3 that was defected. She told me that if I would've told them that I couldn't find a DROID3 that they would've sent me one. I asked her to transfer me to a higher authority! She transferred me to Johnathan! He told me the same thing the lady told me.He later on told me that iI needed to purchase the phone,full retail, to be able to get my money back! I told him...if I would've purchased the phone for $500dollars,then I would've been refunded?? If Asurion already has a problem and difficulty sending me $150. What would make you think they would've had a breeze sending me back $500?? He told me to go back to Verizon,purchase the phone for the full amount and then send them the receipt and they will refund me. I told him that I wanted to speak top someone higher then anyone else. He sent me to the office of the CEO. I told her the whole story from point A to Z. She told me that sadly I would have to do what Johnathan told me to do. Because no one told me to purchase the phone as an UPDATE and a new contract. WTF....I been with Asurion for 3 years. And paid loyally for those 3 years on this d**n insurance and this is howI been treated. I want what was promised to me and it seems like they have what they wanted and more out of me. I have been to the point of a breakdown with this. I have fainted gone into deep depression from waiting all day to hear a word,the mail man and my memories that I have lost from my old phone,that i cannot get back. Now I am lost of words and my hard earned money. What can I do to get my money that I was promised back??

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2013 08:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asurion/internet/Asurion-PhoneClaimCom-LiarsFraudRipoffPainAnguishAnxiety-AttacksPromises-they-WILL-1042423. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Asurion