ED Magedson – Founder
Asurion Asurion, the ONLY choice I had to insure my phone through Verizon. They easily take your money, but make it difficult to replace your phone Nashville TN
Asurion; the ONLY choice I had to insure my phone through Verizon. As most of my friends know, my phone took a swim on Wednesday. I went online to file a claim with Asurion. I got a message that said there was already an open claim on my phone. I called and was told that someone filed a claim in January. I informed the rep that I had not filed a claim in January, he looked further and discovered it was an INTERNAL error on their part; however I had to download and complete an "affidavit", scan it along with a picture of my drivers license and send it to Asurion. He told me to call back after I sent it and they could probably process my claim when I called back. I immediately downloaded, filled out, scanned and sent back the form. I received an email telling me they had received the form. I called back and got a different rep who told me I had to complete an affidavit etc etc. I informed him I had already done that. He looked, found that I had and said he would give it to the underwriters and they should have my claim processed within 3 hours and I could check online for the progress. Checked online, got a message that I needed to call Asurion, called, different rep, told I needed an affidavit, expained, he checked and said "oh I see you have, I will send this to the underwriter and they should process your claim within 24 hours"!!! I explained that the LAST two guys said it could be done within 3 hours, didn't do any good. Said to check my email. Checked my email a couple of times on Thursday, NOTHING! Called back and was told...YEP!!! That I needed to complete an affidavit etc, fortunately I was at work so I help my tongue. I explained, he looked etc. At that point he FINALLY processed my claim!!! Well today I got THIS email: In order to secure your private information, and to comply with the terms of this insurance program, you must perform a factory reset on any iPhone® device you send back to Asurion.
YOU COULD BE CHARGED UP TO $300 IF YOU FAIL TO PERFORM A FACTORY RESET ON YOUR ORIGINAL DEVICE.
NOTE: You must back up your content before performing a factory reset. Follow the backup instructions in the activation guide that is included with your replacement device shipment. If your original device will not power on, and is not recognized by the iTunes® program, Asurion will contact you if needed to facilitate the removal of all personal information from the device.
Reset your device using one of the options below:
Using your original iPhone device
1. Select Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings > Erase iPhone > Erase iPhone. NOTE: you may need to enter the PIN and/or iCloud® password for the device in order to complete this process.
2. Once reset process is complete, power off the device, place it in the return envelope provided by Asurion, and then place it in the US Mail.
Using the iTunes program: (If phone screen is damaged or not functioning)
1. Connect your original device to any computer running the iTunes program. NOTE: If you receive the message, "iTunes cannot restore the iPhone because 'Find My iPhone' is on," you will need to login to your iCloud account to reset the device. Once you have identified the original device, select "erase," and then "remove from account." The device will be reset once this process is complete.
2. Select the device from the menu on the iTunes program, and then select "Restore iPhone."
3. Confirm the command by selecting "Restore" again.
4. Once reset process is complete, power off the device, pack it in the return envelope provided by Asurion, and then place it in the US Mail.
iTunes, iCloud and iPhone are trademarks of Apple, Inc. Asurion is not endorsed by, affiliated with or sponsored by Apple, Inc.
I DROPPED IT IN THE FREAKING TOILET, IT WON'T TURN ON!!! THEREFORE I CANNOT "POWER OFF" THE DEVICE!!!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2014 02:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asurion/nationwide/Asurion-Asurion-the-ONLY-choice-I-had-to-insure-my-phone-through-Verizon-They-easily-t-1139976. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.