Complaint Review: Asurion

• Updated: Tue, April 29, 2014

• Reported By: Gretchen — Dunnigan California
Asurion
Nationwide USA

Asurion Verizon Insurance I was charged twice for a replacement cell phone by Asurion Sacramento Nationwide

Today, I was charged by Asurion $99 twice for a cell phone that I could not register.  One 4/22/2014 my cell phone screen broke.  I called Asurion to get a replacement phone which was delivered on 4/25/2014.  I was told by Verizon technician that I need to bring the telephone into an authorize dealer so that they can transfer my contacts and register my phone.  On 4/28/2014 I drove 40+ miles one way to the nearest Verizon Authorize Dealer but was told by a sales associate that Verizon Network was down and I could go online to register my replacement phone and transfer my contacts.  I tried but was unsuccessful in registering my phone so I called Verizon technical support again.  The technician was unsuccessful in helping to get my phone working by asking me to remove my battery and SIM card from the phone.  The SIM card go stuck in the phone so she told me to go back to the Verizon store to have them remove the SIM card from the phone and that they should be able to remove the SIM card that was stuck in my new phone.  On 4/29/14 I went into the Verizon store and the sales person redirected me to Asurion and told me that the SIM card nor the battery should not have been removed from the phone.  She got me on the phone with Asurion again who first asked me to try to remove the SIM card with tweezers.  I told them that tweezers can't fit into the slot and then the sales representative transferred me to his Manager and I was told that I would be charged another $99 because the phone is damaged.  I paid the charge again and then I notice on the return envelope that Asurion provide you to send the damaged phone back it says to please return the damaged phone and that the SIM card, battery and charger is to remain with me.

I upset because I was charged $99 twice for incorrect information that Verizon technician and Asurion told me to do.  PLEASE HELP!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2014 01:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asurion/nationwide/Asurion-Verizon-Insurance-I-was-charged-twice-for-a-replacement-cell-phone-by-Asurion-Sac-1142705. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Asurion