Complaint Review: Asus Computers

• Updated: Tue, October 23, 2012

• Reported By: butchlike — Springtown Texas United States of America
Asus Computers

Asus Computers Warranties Are Not Worth The Paper They Are Written On Internet

I have always had good luck with Asus products in the past, but my last experience with them will be my last.  Purchased high-end video card from them for my son's gaming machine, and after less than five months, the card died.  No problem, I think, I will send it back since they have a 1-yr warranty on the card.  So, I obtained the RMA from them, shipped the card back, and have been waiting for a couple of weeks for status changes.

Today, I see on their website that they concluded that it was "customer-induced damage" and they were waiting for something from me.  I contacted their phone support group, and they don't even have that information.  The rep then informs me that it will cost me $120 to get the card repaired (I only paid $179 for it new), and it will carry only a 30-day warranty.

When I ask to speak to someone to review the diagnosis, they would not that happen, and my only option was to deny that the damage was customer-induced, in which case they will return the card to me UNREPAIRED.

Beware when purchasing Asus products!  The prices are good, but be aware that the warranties are not honored.  So factor that in when making the purchase decision.  Better to spend a few more dollars to get a similar product with better warranty!  I'm a computer tech and Asus is the only company I've dealt with now that does not allow you to dispute a diagnosis for further review.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2012 08:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asus-Computers/internet/Asus-Computers-Warranties-Are-Not-Worth-The-Paper-They-Are-Written-On-Internet-958709. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Asus Computers