Complaint Review: Asus International

• Updated: Tue, August 02, 2011

• Reported By: Russ — Gurnee Illinois United States of America
Asus International
800 Corporate Way, Freemont, California United States of America

Asus International Paid to ship laptop for service, didn't get fixed.. Now they want me to pay to ship it back Freemont, California

Bought a refurbished G72gx laptop. Four months in the screen started flickering. Contacted ASUS and was told the warranty on refurbs is only three months. Did research and found that this is a common problem with the G72 due to ribbon cable. ASUS refused to acknowledge the issue and told me I had to pay shipping (both ways) and repair costs. I filed a complaint with BBB and then was contacted by ASUS granting an "in warranty" repair and return shipping. I sent in the laptop and when I got it back the problem was not fixed. I called ASUS right away and they told me to ship it back. I paid to ship it once, they did not fix the problem and now they want me to pay again to ship it back! ASUS customer service is horrible. Will never buy another ASUS again!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2011 06:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asus-International/Freemont-California-94539/Asus-International-Paid-to-ship-laptop-for-service-didnt-get-fixed-Now-they-want-me-t-759998. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Asus International