Complaint Review: Asus TeK Computer Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, January 31, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, January 31, 2011

• Reported By: Raain — Odessa Texas United States of America
Asus TeK Computer Inc.

Asus TeK Computer Inc. ASUS Repeated RMA's System Still Defective, 5 repairs and still broken! Internet

I purchased 2 identical notebooks from ASUS in December 2009. One has worked wonderfully, the other has been in for repair on 5 seperate occasions within the last 2 years. My notbook has spent more time on their repair bench then on my desk.

It is always the same issue, each and every time I have had to send it in it is because of a faulty hard drive. Now what are the odds that the repair center would install 5 faulty hard drives into the same system within a 2 year period?

I requested that other components be examined because I find it very hard to believe that their wonderful repair center replaced a faulty hard driver with 5 more faulty hard drives! I have requested time and time again that the defective notebook be replaced and was told time and time again that it did not qualify for a replacement, so... I finally asked exactally what would need to take place in order for mynotebook to "Qualify" for a replacement and the man from customer service (Damaine) stated that the problem would have had to occur within 3 months of purchase,so I said ok that happened so why was I not given the replacement option then... he had no answer.

His onlyremedy was to have the notebook repaired a SIXTH time, only this time he swears "it will be done right"!

I have had to send this this notebook in for repairevery 3 months for the last 2 years. It takes a minium of 1 to 1 1/2months for them to repair it and ship it back, so in all actuality ASUS has had my notebook in repair 8 months out of the 2 yearsI have owned it.

I have no faith in this company anymore. They do not back their products, if they did I wouldn't be posting this report!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2011 10:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asus-TeK-Computer-Inc/internet/Asus-TeK-Computer-Inc-ASUS-Repeated-RMAs-System-Still-Defective-5-repairs-and-still-bro-689279. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Asus TeK Computer Inc.