Complaint Review: Asus/4myrebate.com

Internet USA

Asus/4myrebate.com Rebate Denial Scam / Fraud Internet

*Consumer Comment: Update on my rebate

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: ASUS Rebate Fraud

*Consumer Comment: Don't feel you're alone......

In April 2013, I mailed two Asus rebates (one for a motherboard, one for a monitor in the amount of $15 and $10 respectively) to their rebate center Asus/4myrebate.com.  These were mailed separately and I made copies of all the forms/invoices/barcodes before mailing.  For nearly two months, the tracking system at Asus/4myrebate.com showed they hadn't received either submission.  However, I just checked the rebate status today (6/16/13) and both showed the following update:

6/14/2013 3:38:42 AM Claim Declined <br\>- Signed Rebate Form is missing<br\>- Copy of Receipt/Invoice or Packing List is missing<br\>- Original UPC/Serial Number Barcode Label is missing<br\>- No proof of purchase<br\>- Barcode label is missing<br\>- Reseller is not eligible for this offer<br\>- No proof of purchase date in documentation

The only variant between both submissions was the time logged.  As I stated, I have copies of all the forms and barcodes -- and know for a FACT that all of the claimed "missing" items were included and the reseller eligible.  Clearly, as this occurred with both my submissions and has occurred to many other consumers as well, 4myrebate.com is engaged in fraudulent activity with the denial of valid rebates and needs to be investigated at minimum.  I will also be lodging complaints with Amazon.com and Newegg.com regarding their affiliation with this company and the Better Business Bureau as well.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2013 05:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asus4myrebatecom/internet/Asus4myrebatecom-Rebate-Denial-Scam-Fraud-Internet-1059587. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Asus/4myrebate.com

Update on my rebate

AUTHOR: Adolph - ()

Update:

I received my rebate after a lot of screwing around resending materials already in their posession. Seems as if they can't wear you down, the rebate is ultimatey issued.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

ASUS Rebate Fraud

AUTHOR: DesertDude - ()

It does seem to be impossible to get a rebate from ASUS. I submitted my rebate application on March 19, and mail the documentation the next day. I then got a rejection Email. When I called, they seemed very confused and claimed that someone else had submitted a rebate with the same number, in spite of the fact that ASUS assigns the number. They promised a confirmation Email and that I would receive the rebate in six weeks.

Six weeks later, no rebate no Email. Another call, another promise in six weeks.

Six more weeks later. Yet another call. This time they did send a confirmation Email. Again promised the rebate in 5-7 weeks. Refused to expedite the payment. Absolutely did not instill confidence. I used to recommend ASUS, but I think their rebates are, at best, false advertising, at worst, outright fraud.

Don't feel you're alone......

AUTHOR: Adolph - ()

.....with problems with ASUS rebates. I am going through a situation

very similar over a 'denied' $60.00 rebate. It has become apparent

to me that ASUS is dangling rebates in front of customers with

no intent of making good on them. I too, have sent in EVERY

thing required only to continue to have my rebate denied.

asuCKs.