Complaint Review: At The Beach Tanning Salon

• Submitted: Fri, July 24, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, July 24, 2009

• Reported By:Weatherford Oklahoma
At The Beach Tanning Salon
584 Ed Noble Pkwy Norman, Oklahoma U.S.A.

At The Beach - Contract Scam! scam, rip off, over priced, excessive late fees, rude, lies, deceit Norman Oklahoma

In 2005, as a graduating senior from high school, a family friend purchased a tanning package for me from At the Beach(ATB). At the time of purchase, we informed that I would be signing the paperwork while the family friend actually paid off the account. This is verified on the top of the paperwork. The problem with the contract made for the tanning package is that you are signing up for a loan with Affiliated Acceptance Corporation.

The contract was stated for two years (which I was not aware of, the salesperson decided to put that in their themselves) and was going to charge the person buying the package for me. I moved later in the same month to go to college. The move was over 100 miles away from the nearest ATB.

Well 4 years go by and now its the summer of 2009 and i receive a letter from Affiliated Acceptance Corporation saying that I owe them and ATB $1400 for the services that I never even got to use and the late charges associated with the non-payments. The family friend canceled the service after two-months because I moved. I was not aware of any of this nor was I aware of any liabilities to ATB or Affiliated Acceptance Corporation. After the stopped payments from my family friend, they never attempted to contact me for any types of payments until I got the bill yesterday.

When I called both ATB and Affiliated Acceptance Corporation today, they were both really rude over the phone and you could tell they were specifically trained to protect their own assets and not care that they are ripping everyone that walks through their doors off. They have no customer care or consideration. I would recommend going to a locally owned tanning salon or any other salon rather than ATB. They will rip you off. Their employees are only interested in obtaining the commission from the sales than helping you out. Avoid At the Beach.

Tnt13
Weatherford, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2009 11:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/At-The-Beach-Tanning-Salon/Norman-Oklahoma-73072/At-The-Beach-Contract-Scam-scam-rip-off-over-priced-excessive-late-fees-rude-lies-472973. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on At The Beach Tanning Salon