Complaint Review: At The Beach Tanning Super Store

• Updated: Mon, September 27, 2010

• Reported By: Anonymous — Clearwater Florida United States of America
At The Beach Tanning Super Store
oklahome city, Oklahoma United States of America

At The Beach Tanning Super Store Unreasonable cancellation process oklahome city, Oklahoma

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: DONT SIGN !!

I signed up for a membership with At The Beach in September of 2009 at the Highlands Ranch, CO location.  I inquired about the cancellation process as I knew I would be moving out of state the follwoing spring.  When I relocated I paid $10 to freeze my account and was told to call customer service once I signed a lease on a new place because they would need a copy of my lease as proof of my new address.  I called customer service today and was told I had to provide 3 proofs of address along with a copy of my new drivers license to cancel my membership.  First of all I can asusre you I never signed a lease in a different state to avoid paying for my tanning membership but that's not good enought for ATB.  I offered to send them a 4th proof of address but they are insistent that they need 3 proofs of addres and my new drivers license.  I don't necessarily feel comfortable sending them my drivers license to begin with and I'm not going to spend my time at the DMV just to cancel a tanning membership.  After arguing back and forth for over 20 minutes we got no where.  I have filed a complaint with the BBB so I'm interested to see how this turns out.

The people at the location where I tanned were always great but DO NOT do business with this company.  They are impossible to deal with and make demands at cancellation that I'm not sure are legal.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2010 02:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/At-The-Beach-Tanning-Super-Store/oklahome-city-Oklahoma-73134/At-The-Beach-Tanning-Super-Store-Unreasonable-cancellation-process-oklahome-city-Oklahom-626865. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on At The Beach Tanning Super Store

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

DONT SIGN !!

AUTHOR: daniel102379 - (United States of America)

I so know where you are coming from !! First of all I worked with the company and was also a member. I was told at the time of signing that I could cancel at anytime only to find out that isnt the case . I constantly had to fight with them about my bill and that they were constantly charging me for fees and double payments when I had already paid ! I froze my account and they still charged me and low and behold they amazing lost the form i signed when I froze my account !! The business practices are decietfull and should not be trusted !! I assure you that I will do my best to steer people away from atb tanning in the future and make sure that things like what happened to you and me dont happen to others !! Its really sad that these business practices are legal and there is no recourse for their actions .