Complaint Review: At The Beach Tanning

• Submitted: Thu, November 20, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, December 12, 2009

• Reported By:littleton Colorado
At The Beach Tanning
Highlands Ranch, Colorado U.S.A.

At The Beach Tanning does NOT have happy customers Highlands Ranch Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: At The Beach is listening

*Consumer Comment: What happened?

I went in wanting to purchase a 1 year membership, thinking that i could do the 24.99 a month membership as advertised. The sales lady verbally ,and very quickly i might add,described the beds and levels to me.Telling me that I could either pay each time or do a membership.the end. no other options.

after telling her that i would like to just pay each time she started telling me about additional fees involved. so i just said OK i will do the one year membership for the 24.99 a month. she said ok and that will be a (enter ridiculous amount here) additional membership fee. what!!!!!!!

with the two year she can waive the $135 membership fee AAAAAAND it had to be the highest level to waive the fee.

so by this time i had so many numbers and levels going through my head that i just said.OK!!!! geez!!!!!!!!!!!! and signed the friggin membership.

after reviewing my budget i decided that was an impulse buy which i can not afford $54.99 a month.

so i called corporate to NOT cancel, just CHANGE my membership. They refuse. even though the membership says NOTHING about changing your level of membership. they said on the phone, that absolutely no downgrades are allowed.

soooooo...I guess they get to meet my lawyer. I'm not giving up until I get this fixed. And I am going to report them to the better business bureau.

Disappointed business woman
littleton, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2008 09:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/At-The-Beach-Tanning/Highlands-Ranch-Colorado/At-The-Beach-Tanning-does-NOT-have-happy-customers-Highlands-Ranch-Colorado-393510. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on At The Beach Tanning

At The Beach is listening

AUTHOR: At The Beach - (United States of America)

I am sorry that this customers have not had a good experience with At The Beach.  Obviously that is not what At The Beach wants for our customers.  I strongly encourage anyone who is currently a member of At The Beach who has a complaint or issue with their membership to contact our Customer Care Center at 866-690-9080 or 866-994-5071.  At The Beach is listening to your complaints and our Customer Care Specialists are waiting to work with you to reach a resolution.

Even if you have contacted Customer Care in the past I encourage you to call again, regardless of what the previous conversation or outcome was as we do want to resolve our customer complaints in a way that is mutually satisfactory.

What happened?

AUTHOR: Opticsguy - (U.S.A.)

Were you able to get anywhere with this company? I'm having the same problem and I'm wondering what you were able to make happen. Thanks!