Complaint Review: At The Beach Tanning

• Reported By: soccermom — sapulpa Oklahoma United States of America
At The Beach Tanning
Jenks, ok Jenks, Oklahoma United States of America

At The Beach Tanning ATB Fitness, Tanning Jenks, Oklahoma

My complaint is about 'At The Beach Tanning.' I was told that I could change my membership at anytime from the full package down. He said 'lets start with the full package because you can always change your mind later.'  He said that all locations had workout items and showed me a picture of a full gym.
I signup up at the jenks location (where there's just tanning, but it is closest to my house). I then left and went to the 91st and Sheridan location to 'workout.' I was suprised to find ONLY 3 workout machines and lots of 'beds that you lay on'. Thats not what I signed up for! I was also told that it was $65 a month. I am getting charged $75 a month.
I called the corporate office and complained and they said it was too bad. They are not responsible for what the sales people tell me. The only way to cancel is to move more than 30 miles away from the nearest location. I said, the location with the full gym is at 31st, and that is more than 30 minutes away from my house. She said that didn't matter because there is a location in Jenks (even though it is just a tanning spot).
I was totally mislead and the salesman knew what he was doing. he was a pro and should really go into car sales!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2011 11:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/At-The-Beach-Tanning/Jenks-Oklahoma-/At-The-Beach-Tanning-ATB-Fitness-Tanning-Jenks-Oklahoma-805150. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on At The Beach Tanning