Complaint Review: At The Beach

• Reported By: megan — Greeley Colorado United States of America
At The Beach
10030 Grant Street Thornton, Colorado United States of America

At The Beach Horrible Trap Thornton, Colorado

First off, I have never reviewed any service online because nothing has been so bad that I felt the need to warn others until this point.

I took a summer job away from home and wanted to get tan, and At The Beach was the only tanning place. I went in, and the salesperson told me that the cheapest way to tan would be to sign an annual contract but I could easily cancel when I moved back home, but I would have to pay $75 check and give a proof of new address.

This seemed to be the only option, so I signed the contract. Worst decision ever. First of all, At The Beach sucks. I didn't get tan like I have in other salons and the Versa spa rubs off of my skin. At the end of the summer, I went in to the store to cancel my contract.

The sales person gave me completely different information than when I signed my contract. They told me I would need to contact corporate to cancel my account. I couldn't find that number on their website. School was starting and I didn't have time to deal with ATB at the moment so I had to pay $15 just to freeze my account. They said it would freeze for three months but they only froze it for one. I had to fax Corporate a copy of my freeze form and they did nothing to change the charges. (who even has a fax machine these days??) I had to cancel my debit card for other reasons so months later, I got letters from Aspen Acceptance, their collections company saying I owe $274 in tanning and late fees.

I called them and they said they couldn't even stop charging me until I paid all I owed, and then I would have to additionally have to MAIL my move cancellation letter to some address in Oklahoma. I will have to pay certified mail, go to the bank to get a cashier's check, find three proofs of address with my name on them. They have to contain personal information like my bills or bank statements!! AND a copy of my drivers license. I DO NOT want to send these people this info but it is the only way to stop being billed, if it even works.

I had to get a credit card, despite my efforts for years to avoid debt, just to pay for all the charges from ATB for services I DIDN'T even USE.

Needless to say, this is my worst nightmare. Avoid ATB at all costs. Tell your friends and loved ones, this is not how you want to waste your money. I'll let you now if they ever stop charging me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2010 01:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/At-The-Beach/Thornton-Colorado-/At-The-Beach-Horrible-Trap-Thornton-Colorado-667499. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on At The Beach