Complaint Review: At The Beach

• Updated: Tue, July 09, 2013

• Reported By: H Mendez — Tulsa Oklahoma
At The Beach
8228 E 61st Tulsa, Oklahoma USA

At The Beach AT THE BEACH LIED AND TRICKED ME INTO SIGNING CONTRACT. Tulsa Oklahoma

like all brides we want to look pretty and pans for our wedding. I went to at the beach since they were having a $9.95 1 month special. I talked to the lady at the desk about the special. She explained to me the different types of beds that I would be using and that I have unlimited access to all of these including the Versa Spa. We then started to talk about the one month special again and I made sure to ask several questions and that there werent going to be any hidden fees. I asked several times that this was only going to be for one month. She assured me and took my cars and swiped it and then flipped around a digital keypad like the ones at Walmart or Target use, and had me sign since I had used my card to pay. She explained to me that I would also be signing for a one month contract.she went through the contract step by step having me sign after each explanation. what she explained to me was that I was only going to sign the one month contract I never physically seen or have the contract in my hands. all that I seen was a digital screen asking for my signature. I asked again to make sure that this is a one month contract and that I would not be charged anymore after that.again she assured me that I would not have to pay any more.one month later I find on my bank statement an 85 dollar charge from at the beach. I called the manager at the store I signed up at. she then told me to talk to customer care. So I did what she told me to do, I called customer care and waited for every diculous amount of time on hold.I ended up not being able to get ahold of anyone. I've been called customer care again the next day and finally got ahold of someone after another ridiculous long wait. I explained the situation to customer care, and they told me that they couldn't do anything but go off of what was in writing. All they did was repeat themselves that they cannot do anything and that I would have to talk to the manager in the store. I told them that I had already talked to the manager of the store and she told me to call customer care. They had me running in circles for a little while.so I did what they told me to do also, and called and talked to the manager again.she said that she could not do anything to my account and that customer care handles my account. so I again call customer care.they again told me that they could not do anything to my account but go of what was on paper. I told him that I had never even received or seen the contract for which I signed. the name and then talk to me like I was stupid and talked down to me. ccustomer care is constantly rude. after that I went and physically talk to the manager. She explain to me why is she signed me up for a 24 month agreement. Previously the signing the contract, I told her that I was going to be leaving because I was getting married by the end of the month. I would not be able to use more than a month. She explained that she meant the first time we talkfacethat I was going to pay for the 9.95 special then the cancellation fee of $75 she said this was my best choice since I was leaving and only wanted one month of tanning I have been charged for a second month which is another reason I am outraged. I am very upset because I made clear that I only wanted one month membership and I was only going to pay 9.95. At no given time did she ever tell me that I was going to pay a cancellation fee. I I feel that I was tricked into signing a 24 month contract. to find out that the 75 dollar cancellation fee is only applicable if you are actually moving 25 miles away from and at the beach. I told her that I was leaving for a two week vacation not moving permanently.I have yet been able to solve this problem with at the beach. They will not return my money. On top of 85 that they already charged me I have to pay another $75. Do not go to after beach they will scam you into signing a contract please do your research...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2013 12:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/At-The-Beach/Tulsa-Oklahoma/At-The-Beach-AT-THE-BEACH-LIED-AND-TRICKED-ME-INTO-SIGNING-CONTRACT-Tulsa-Oklahoma-1065604. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on At The Beach