• Report: #919981

• Updated: Mon, December 31, 2012

• Reported By: pissedoffindenver — Aurora Colorado United States of America
At the Beach Tanning
Hampden & Tower Aurora, Colorado United States of America

At the Beach Tanning purchased one month only, being sent collection letters for contract Aurora, Colorado

*Consumer Comment: Scammed and Violated

I told the manager I DIDN'T want the contract, just the one month, 20 minutes later she finally shut her mouth and let me get the 1 month (no contract).  I ended up having to leave the country for work, and went into the store, to make SURE I will not be charged anything else.  Of course she prints out my paperwork, tells me I am good to go, I still have 3 days left that were paid. OK, I am thinking everything is ok, but when I return two months later, I have a pile of collection bills from them.  From their office in Parker, CO saying I owe them $374!!  today I called the manager at the store I went to, she said I don't owe anything and I must contact the corporate office.  After a 17 minute hold time, and no answer, I hung up.  I will try again tomorrow and will get this resolved.  If not I will go to the DA's office.  SCAMMERS!!  I will keep you guys posted as to the outcome.  I can tell you this, I should have looked them up before I ever spent my money with them.  I found an article about the $350,000 they had to pay in damages in the state of Colorado alone. See here: http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_17254791

Be carefull and ask 25 questions BEFORE you give them your credit card.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2012 07:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/At-the-Beach-Tanning/Aurora-Colorado-80013/At-the-Beach-Tanning-purchased-one-month-only-being-sent-collection-letters-for-contrac-919981. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on At the Beach Tanning

Scammed and Violated

AUTHOR: Anne Lawlor - (United States of America)

I was scammed and violated by these dubious con artists.  I was promised as $29.99 deal paid cash for my first visit and signed a contract for 1 year for $29.99.  But unbeknownst to me, I was changed to a two year deal and my friends credit card was charged without authorization.  The scandalous employee said his card was just so she could secure the account.  She said I could change it later. I called the next day with my card information and was told everything was updated. But every month I received a charge to my account for his name.  My bank denied it and rejected the charge.  I wrote numerous letters to no avail.  Finally, I get a call from my distraught mother whom I have had no contact with in years.  She tells me they called her (I have never resided with her or used her address) provided her with my account number and the whold story of how I ran on my debt!  I contacted the Better Business Bureau and Attorney General"s office to update my previous complaint regarding their actions only to find out they responded to the AG and BBB with lies!  This place is violating State and Federal law!