Complaint Review: Atek Communications

• Submitted: Tue, December 20, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, January 17, 2013

• Reported By: Lyle — Pinellas Park Florida United States of America
Atek Communications
10870 49th St N Clearwater FL 33762 clearwater, Florida United States of America

Atek Communications American Tech Supply, Atek, ATS Didn't pay me and tried to charge e money for a job I did to get me to go away clearwater, Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I am NOT Gil Hunter

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Written by Gil Hunter

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Bull****

I was brought on by Gil Hunter to do a job on the East coast of Florida for Atek Communications.  I took one day to do training that was to be paid training of $150.  I was told that I would make a guaranteed $250 per day with a minimum 5 day week and hotel expenses.  I was given a $600 advancement, and the following few days I was given another 168, totaling $768.

I paid for my own food and fuel for the week.  When I returned to collect my pay of another $632, I was told by Gil that he deducted the hotel expenses and since I didn't upload the photos on a nightly routine, he deducted 10 hours.

They refuse to pay me and claim that I now owe them money for a job that I did for them.  Their own Project Manager went to bat for me stating that they agreed to pay the hotel expenses, and they were also in agreement that I would just bring the photos back or have the other tech upload them since I didn't know how to do it and size them properly. [continued below]....
.....  It was bad enough that I had to cover my own food and fuel, but some money was better than none, so I took the job but lost out big time.

I have 2 friends in the telecom business that told me to stay away from Atek b/c they were also under paid and had to threaten a law suit to get anything, and even then it was months later.

This company is bad news..ALL techs be warned!  I've also heard Gil talk a lot of garbage and say racial comments in the office.  He mutes the phone when he's talking to someone and shouts racial comments, death threats and a mess of other things.  He calls all of his employees bad names.  He was 2 weeks late getting fiber cable on another job I did for him because he didn't order it on time, whcih had me me running around over 300 miles to complete a job on the weekend when it came in.    This guy is trouble.

I work hard for my money and in this economy it's tough to make a living.  I need paid Gil!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2011 08:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Atek-Communications/clearwater-Florida-33762/Atek-Communications-American-Tech-Supply-Atek-ATS-Didnt-pay-me-and-tried-to-charge-e-mo-812108. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Atek Communications

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I am NOT Gil Hunter

AUTHOR: Installer1 - (United States of America)

I am not Mr Hunter, I was an employee of this company - I assume you are Tony Silva or Anthony Silva by the way you write.

You are the one who needs help!

You are a criminal with very little time left.

You are able to write these lies due to the fact you have way to much time on your hands.

Grow up and go on a diet and do some hiking yourself. You really need to lose a few hundred pounds!

A bit of advise for you: Bigger people tend to sweat more due to having extra skin which folds over the other skin and produces sweat in between the folds. When sweat gets trapped it only keeps getting hotter due to moisture and wetness. This brings on the smell. They also have a problem getting every part of their bodies washed well due to being overweight...

Mr Silva - You have an odor problem also....Its in need of some serious help. You stink...Get some help...

You need to grow up or throw up - Perhaps that will help with your caloric intake.

Good luck with your weight problem....See I can go on all day, I also do not work and have no life.

Bye for now.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Written by Gil Hunter

AUTHOR: Slow Rider - (United States of America)

And a perfect example of how he likes to demean people to make himself feel better, but only temporarily. Gil is a man to be pitied, he writes things like this and then withdraws in self pity goes and gets drunk and wonders why he is so hated.  Gil a little advice, close up shop, take some time off, go to the mountains, seek some counseling, then go somewhere where no one knows you and change your name. If you truly change you will have a shot at happiness. Doing what you are doing here, you are doomed. We know that you have no friends left on the west coast, maybe try Montana, or Alaska, with a new name. We feel so sorry for you and your miserable life , killing yourself and drugs is not the answer.

Slow Rider

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Bull****

AUTHOR: Installer1 - (United States of America)

You are lying - I worked with this company at the same time you were doing these surveys.

You were paid in full and even some extra which you spent in a few days.

You were also so stupid you did not know how to even upload some pics to the company laptop, you told the project manager you knew how to upload the photos and did not have a clue.

Hours were spent helping you do that.

You are working with other former contractors and are trying to disrupt this company.

Why not just go back to hickland and mess around with your goats?