Complaint Review: Atlanta Casualty Insurance Aka Infinity Insurance

• Submitted: Tue, July 20, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, August 12, 2004

• Reported By:Pass Christian Mississippi
Atlanta Casualty Insurance Aka Infinity Insurance
2204 Lakeshore Drive, Suite 125 Birmingham, AL 35209 Birmingham, Alabama U.S.A.

Atlanta Casualty Insurance Aka Infinity Insurance Abusive and Negligent Birmingham Alabama

*Consumer Comment: No Excuse for being Horribly Rude

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Don't buy Infinity Insurance... laid off all of the Atlanta Casualty employees it could in order to get its stock price up

I was hit from behind by an unlisted driver, who's vehicle was insured by Infinity Insurance, on July 8, 2004. The damage was substantial and I was told by the police to drive away, only to find out two streets away that the wheel was hitting the frame around the tire due to the wreck.

I had a friend pick me up take me to emergency room for 4 hours of x-rays, the following day I had my car towed, called infinity to report the claim and asked for a rental. The adjuster was gone for the day, 3:00 pm and I was told if I had to get a rental to use my credit card and it could be placed on a direct bill on Monday as soon the insured was verified. He was out of the country until Tuesday, so I could not get the authorization.

It is now one week and two days into this claim, my car sits at the repair shop and my rental keeps growing charges to my credit card. I am a single mother and have one vehicle. After numerous calls with the adjuster, Michael Ray, I called his supervisor Scott Richards, who was even more rude to me, I then contacted his supervisor, Debra Boser, who was anything but kind or understanding. What happened to the victim here?? I have been through extensive X-rays, I have seen a specialist, I have missed three days of work due the fact I couldn't walk or move my head. I have spent hours on phone calls with the adjuster, owner of vehicle, claims department, repair shop and rental car agency.

I do work full time and have been pressed to tears at my desk by the rude, abusive employees at Infinity Insurance Company. I will protest this company from the rooftops till this is over! I now have to hire an attorney to get my car fixed, because I refused to claim it on my insurance, which the use the term mediate! I was the person hit from behind while stopped properly. HELP ANYONE!!!!

Sherry
Pass Christian, Mississippi

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2004 01:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Atlanta-Casualty-Insurance-Aka-Infinity-Insurance/Birmingham-Alabama-35209/Atlanta-Casualty-Insurance-Aka-Infinity-Insurance-Abusive-and-Negligent-Birmingham-Alabama-99754. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Atlanta Casualty Insurance Aka Infinity Insurance

No Excuse for being Horribly Rude

AUTHOR: Darlene - (U.S.A.)

I would say fine to your response, but I went through the chains of command up at least 4 levels to senior management, not just claims or adjuster. They were ALL extremely hostile and rude to me, not to mention threatening. I am the victim here and They Have Attacked Me!! No excuse! I am owed an apology which I will never get!

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

Atlanta Casualty used to be a great small insurance company. It was taken over by Great American Insurance in the early 1990's.

In 2003, Great American Insurance merged Atlanta Casualty, Windsor Auto, and Leader Insurance with Infinity Insurance which has a terrible reputation in the insurance industry to form one company called Infinity Insurance. Infinity then laid off all of the Atlanta Casualty employees it could in order to get its stock price up. This left Infinity with a bunch of unexperienced entry level employees to handle claims.