Complaint Review: Atlanta John Roberts Powers & Owner Dale Howell

• Submitted: Fri, April 04, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, November 16, 2009

• Reported By:Acworth Georgia
Atlanta John Roberts Powers & Owner Dale Howell
1197 Peachtree NE Colony Square Plaza Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Atlanta John Robert Powers & Owner Dale Howell Dishonest Company! Has not honored their OWN REFUND POLICY!! Atlanta Georgia

*Consumer Comment: John Robert Powers Changed My life!

*Consumer Comment: To: Mother of A Student

*Consumer Comment: WE LOVE JOHN ROBERT POWERS!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Refund has been issued.

*Consumer Comment: Watch Out For People Like John Robert Powers - They are Rip-Offs

Dale Howell with Atlanta John Roberts Powers has not honored his own contract. I have a green card receipt signed by "Courtney Steele" requesting a refund dated MARCH 5 and now it has been 31 days and still NO REFUND for $6000.00! His contract states 21 days! They will not return my phone calls and are NEVER AVAILABLE!

WATCH OUT!! Parents don't be fooled by the radio advertising saying they have agencies from Disney, etc coming in soon & need new faces. My child got called back and we were told by Dale Howell that he himself & his staff wanted to see her again that night , so we go and they DID NOT see her at all, they only put me into a room with a so-called" Talent Scout" to quickly get into my check book. His name was Jarad Barnes!

Parents!! Anyone who pays is in!! This is not what it seems at the audition when Dale stands up and puts on his GREAT ACT!! If they were seriously concerned about the "talented" kids they would NOT expect money IMMEDIATELY and they don't bother to call when someone decides to cancel their contract! There is no need to call or return ANY calls by this RIP OFF of a Company because they don't want to deal with ALL the complaints! This is the most misleading business I have ever seen and the sad part is that is disappoints kids of all ages!

If your child has the talent and/or look for modeling , I suggest sending in your photos to the REAL kid agencies in Atlanta; Hot Shots or Kiddin Around! They don't REQUIRE thousands of dollars for your child to get in the industry!

I hope that Dale Howell, owner of Atlanta JRP will have some intregrity & honor his OWN REFUND CONTRACT! If not , I will be sueing !

Bottom-Line:
When you hear of this type "Audition" in your area.....DON"T GO!!!

Angry parent
Acworth, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2008 01:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Atlanta-John-Roberts-Powers-Owner-Dale-Howell/Atlanta-Georgia-30361/Atlanta-John-Robert-Powers-Owner-Dale-Howell-Dishonest-Company-Has-not-honored-their-OW-323734. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Atlanta John Roberts Powers & Owner Dale Howell

John Robert Powers Changed My life!

AUTHOR: JRP - (USA)

I know there are some JRP haters out there, but let me set some things straight.  I went through JRP myself and it changed my life.  It is a franchise and not all franchises are created equal.  I will admit that.  One thing is for sure though, JRP brings opportunities to people who want to be in the entertainment business, but just don't know where to go and who to talk to to make it happen.

I have been in 5 commercials and paid for my college because of JRP.

I've heard some people say that it is over priced.  I disagree with that as well.  It is very costly to fly agents out to different cities and hire on the quality of coaches that JRP does.  People pay thousands of dollars for traveling soccer and dance and 99% of those people are never going to do that professionally.  Yet you don't see complaints from those parents.  Why is it that people think it should be FREE to get into this business?  What business in the world is it free to get into?  Parents drag their kids into auditions and expect their kids to get chosen and to be a cash cow for them.  Seriously?  How is that working out for you parents?  Oh wait...it's not!  Please also note that any complaints you see about JRP are from people WHO NEVER ATTENDED!  They just go to the audition, can't afford to do it, then decided because they don't have the money to do it that it must be a scam.  Most of the people who have actually gone through JRP LOVE IT!  So how can people who have never gone through JRP and really have no idea what they are complaining about, COMPLAIN?  Beats me.

To: Mother of A Student

AUTHOR: Goodmonica - (U.S.A.)

You need to realize that these JRP school's are franchisees and most run by corrupt people. If you're having a great experience, I say Great! Break a leg, but there are lots of dishonest people out there.

The biggest issue is the fact that most JRP owners try to glaze over the fact that they are a school and not an agency. I know they are a school now, but it took a phone call and two hours for them to finally admit it.

A legit school would just be up front about what they do instead of calling people and getting their hopes up by telling them they've been chosen to audition for a commercial.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know the difference between honest people and liars. If they're only auditioing you for their school, they should tell you that UP FRONT instead of hiding behind that lie.

I asked one of the employees if that was a real audition for a commercial and she told me, "No, that's just our little thing that we do."

LIARS!

WE LOVE JOHN ROBERT POWERS!

AUTHOR: Mother Of A Student - (U.S.A.)

This school is NOT a sram my daughter has had several auditions in one mths time.
She has grown as a person. We love it! They did not push us into any thing. If you go into something with a bad opinion you will have a bad experince. So Please stop the bashing of JOHN ROBERT POWERS

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Refund has been issued.

AUTHOR: John Robert Powers - (U.S.A.)

John Robert Powers makes no false claims. We bring out every agent and casting director that we claim to. We also bring out kid celebrities to meet and work with the kids. We have been in business here in Atlanta since 1999. If we were ripping people off we would have many more complaints about us. For every complaint we have, we have many very satisfied students. We are a school so we do charge money. Even the agents who give acting classes charge money for them. We are not, nor do we claim to be an agency.

Brandy Wix (aka "Angry parent") has been issued a full refund of her classes. I have also left her phone messages to try and rectify her situation and see what we can do to make her happy.

John Robert Powers has been in business since 1923. We are the worlds oldest acting and modeling company. We are also one of the largest acting and modeling companies in the world. I would love to say that we make every person happy that comes through our doors, but that is not true. Some people complain because we don't pick thier kids, some people complain because thier kids never get a job after going through our programs. This is just like a college or any other school that you go to. Just because you go to school for something, doesn't mean that you are going to get a job in that field. We have a 10-15% success rate. In our business that is great. We look for parents that are putting thier kids into this for the experience and the exposure that we provide. Many parents have expectations that are unreachable by anyone coming into this business. This is supposed to be fun for the kids and that is what we try to accomplish in our programs and at our facility.

AUTHOR: Michele - (U.S.A.)

I was in the business many years ago, and now my child is. You never pay up front for classes or pictures. An agent will make money when they get you work, via commission. My child just signed an exclusive contract with an agent and they did not ask for money or anything, just headshots to be put on file to submit for auditions. This is the way it is supposed to work. The only money I ever gave my agents were from work that they sent me to.