Complaint Review: Atlanta Luxury motors

• Updated: Wed, December 08, 2010

• Reported By: Paolo — Smyrna Georgia United States of America
Atlanta Luxury motors
10915 Hwy 92 East Woodstock, Georgia United States of America

Atlanta Luxury motors Horizon Luxury cars sold me a car which need a new engine Woodstock, Georgia

*Author of original report: After one year...

*Author of original report: Why?

*Consumer Comment: Oh boy.

*Author of original report: They accepted to trade my car back.

I bought a 2006 Infiniti FX35, with 41k miles. My error was to don't check the VIN number to Infiniti before buying the car.

I saw this FX in Atlanta Luxury Motors o Woodstock.. it was a good price, the car looks great outside and inside. The "only" problem is that the car needs a new engine.

They sold me the car as a "CAR WITH WARRANTY" (then it was not an "AS-IS") (it's still under factory warranty) which includes the implied warranties also; those implied warranties say that the car, at the moment of the selling, should be in the right conditions considering the age and the mileage. So, how many 2006 Infiniti with 41000 miles need a new engine?

Plus, the engine is not covered by the warranty, because the problem came out because the first owner didn't change the oil for a long time.

I will have to pay a lot of money to get a new engine on my car (after i paid it a lot of money, cash!); but i'll try everything i can to get my money back. I will go to the court if i need to.

This dealer recently changed the name (it was Horizon Luxury Cars); probably they have too many negative reviews or problems with the law. I hate when this happens.

They should stop rip off honest people!!

Sorry for my english, i'm italian.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2009 06:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Atlanta-Luxury-motors/Woodstock-Georgia-30188/Atlanta-Luxury-motors-Horizon-Luxury-cars-sold-me-a-car-which-need-a-new-engine-Woodstock-535663. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Atlanta Luxury motors

After one year...

AUTHOR: letsclosealm - (United States of America)

After one year i update this report to share my experience.

It's true that they traded my car with a good one (the 335i), but i still spent money for the lawyer and the price they gave me was not really competitive. I accepted just because it was the only way to get away of that car, which someone else bought (poor guy)!!

My suggestion, then, it to buy a car somewhere else.

Why?

Why do you think that?

The new car i bought is good, i got it checked by the factory dealer and all the services have been done. It is still under warranty and i'm sure now.

I think that all the dealers have some cars with problem. The only thing to do to avoid that is to take the car to the factory dealer and have it checked.
In this case you can find good deals.

Oh boy.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (U.S.A.)

I have a feeling that we'll be hearing from you again in the near future.

They accepted to trade my car back.

AUTHOR: letsclosealm - (United States of America)

Atlanta Luxury Motors offered me the chance to trade my vehicle or to buy an extension of the warranty. I accepted to trade my vehicle for another one. I checked the new car i was going to buy and everything was good with it.

We solved the case then.