Complaint Review: Atlanta locksmith on time / Locksmith on time

• Submitted: Mon, October 15, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, October 15, 2012

• Reported By: Rod — marietta Georgia United States of America
Atlanta locksmith on time / Locksmith on time
7094 peachtree industrial blvd norcross ga 30071 Internet United States of America

Atlanta locksmith on time / Locksmith on time locksmith on time unscrupulous deceptive business practices Gross misrepresentation of locksmith Internet

On Oct 7, 2012 ignition cylinder locked on a pontiac gto in a publix shopping center 4401 shallowford rd roswell ga. On Oct 7 locksmith on time was contacted to replace ignition cylinder housing of a 2005 pontiac gto.

After about 2 to 3 hours appt cancelled due to company not having part (ignition cylinder). Part purchased from dealer on Oct 8 by I Rodriquez Jenkins for $60.00 .Old cylinder taken out by I Rodriquez Jenkins. Locksmith on time contacted to do job. Told lower starting price of $75. due to old cylinder already removed and part already obtained.  Upon arriving about an hour late. The tech of Atlanta on time locksmith was in an unmarked car with possibly girlfriend and at least one other unknown subject in vehicle. The tech had or used no tools. Used a cell phone as flash light to see.I gave the tech a flashlight I had to use.

After several minutes of walking back and forth to his vehicle  looking at old cylinder. I asked tech if he wanted the new parts. Tech stated know. Several more minutes went by. I gave tech new parts. He looks at new parts that were in a bag on the back
of my vehicle . He finally starts looking at ignition housing which is what originally needed to be replaced. Several more minutes go by tech tells me he is missing parts from the new parts I bought, specifically a spring. I look in pack and point out spring to tech, and give spring to him. Tech says its not right spring. Then tech proceeds to tell me he is missing another part which locks the cylinder button in place. I point out that its a small rod that is contained in the bag. I knew this by looking at the old cylinder housing. I lookin bag the little rod is missing.

Tech says its missing part and he cannot fix. Tech then says he will crank car and I could at least take home. Which promply does. just by inserting the old cylinder and turning it. Tech approaches me saying he needs to get paid for his time and cranking the car. In doing this he follows me around while I'm distraught and looking for parts that I knew were present. I maintain to tech that all parts were present and he must have dropped the parts out the bag. The tech continues to say some english/ other language some of which I understood that part was never there and something about he can charge me again for fixing. I got nowhere with the tech. As some of it language barrier and other the tech didn't care.I end up paying tech 100 as the situation looked bleak at this time. I tell him my parts are missing he and his girlfriend asking where are they. I didn't want to argue in a dark parking lot about 1am in morning.

The tech leaves. I gather my flashlight and go to my already started car. The car cranked but steering wheel once again locked. So needless to say he put me back at square one. I decide to look for missing parts one more time. To my amazement parts found about 2 feet from my car where his girlfriend/? had been standing. The rod that he said was not there. I also found other parts as well. Tumblers that he had taken out of my old cylinder and threw them on the ground.

Very unsettling as I did have a new cylinder and housing. Only the old housing needed to be replaced the actual cylinder was good. Not now of course he took tumblers out. That mean I would have to pay someone else to put together the new cylinder now. This is very unscrupulous business practices. Not only did tech not fix original issue he also broke old usuable parts and clearly didnt know what he was doing. My wife called spoke with supervisor/manager.

Conversation ended abruptly as manager stated he knew tech 5 years and he wouldn't do such things. I resolved to go to business front to show the part the tech broke. The locksmith address exists but a lot of suites are present.  None which contain the name of On time lock smith or atlanta locksmith on time,

After several phone calls superviser David reach on Friday oct 12. David stated in a nutshell I was a liar. He wasn't going to do anything. I tried going to address on website. Address exists but no locksmith company at address.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2012 12:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Atlanta-locksmith-on-time-Locksmith-on-time/internet/Atlanta-locksmith-on-time-Locksmith-on-time-locksmith-on-time-unscrupulous-deceptive-bus-955016. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Atlanta locksmith on time / Locksmith on time